A curiosity

KingSlapper

What are your favorite characters so far?

Mine is Samwell. He has really grown since aGoT. Jamie comes right after him, he's the most loyal and sincere character in the whole book series. And then there's littlefinger. Nothing more to say about him, I think it's obvious why I adore him.

I'll give you my top ten ( Only from those who are still alive )

1) Jaime Lannister is at the top of my list. Three books ago he used to be dangerously close to the bottom.

2) Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow come as close seconds, I like them equally.

3) Tyrion Lannister

4) Samwell Tarly

5) Ser Barristan Selmy

6) Tormund Giantsbane

7) Ser Jorah Mormont

8) Ser Davos Seaworth

9) Brandon Stark

10) Hodor

Barristan Selmy is a man who always did his duty with as much honor and integrity as he could. In aDwD we get to see things through his eyes too. I like him a lot as a character and that upjumped him quickly in my mind, and thus the high position in my list.

imho ser barristan is too classic, the honorable knight who does everything with honor and always does his duty... I mean, as aSoIaF goes it's a miracle he survived so long :D

Tyrion was one of my favorites, but after what he did, he's out of my list.

It's very difficult as there are so may great characters, but my top 5 would probably be:

1. Tyrion. - (My favourite character by a long way. The wit, the despair, the desire to just be loved).

2. Stannis. - (The one-liners are brilliant, and unlike his rivals, his fight for the Iron Throne is based solely upon duty).

3. Theon. - (Just a lost boy. Abandoned by his family and now living with the crushing guilt of his actions).

4. Jaime. - (Hard to like someone who commits incest and attempted child murder, but his arc has been awesome).

5. Davos. - (His loyalty and humility are awe-inspiring, but he is also brave enough to stand up to his King).

The rest will be made up of Sam, Bronn, Robb, Jon, Ayra, Daenerys, Euron and Bran.

I've probably missed out some obvious choices, but that's what makes this story so good - the amount of awesome characters.

My favorite characters are the following (in no particular order):

Tywin Lannister - yup, this bad guy made it on my list. Actually, Charles Dance made me like him coz he's so awesome as Tywin.

Cersei Lannister - yup, this wicked queen made it on my list, too. She's the Maleficent of asoiaf.

Daenerys Targaryen - from exile to queen, impressive. Need to remember who she is though. Her dragon knows.

Arya Stark - one word: badass.

Theon - don't like him in the beginning coz he's a beefjerky, but I've forgiven him. I hope he'll flay Ramsay.

Jon, Robb, and Ned - love them all, but they're gone... :crying:

Drogon - he's my petdragon

Also - Maester Aemon, Jaime, Bran, Ser Barry, and many more to mention.

In terms of reading their PoV, I love Tyrion. My overall favorite characters include:

Jon Snow

Tyrion

The Reeds (mostly Jojen, but I hope we get more info on Howland in the upcoming books)

Oberyn Martell

Arianne Martell

Dany

Victarion and Euron are two that are compelling as well. Overall, I really like the Martell/Dorne storyline in general, and am looking forward to their part in all that is to come.

Jon Snow ( because I simply admire him more than anyone else)

Arya ( her arc is AMAZING )

Jamie ( reminds me alot of me )

Prince Oberyn ( BAD ASS )

Ser Barristan

Jon Connington

Victarion ( ambitious and loyal)

Asha (takes nno S**T from anyone)

Dany. .

Doran

and basically everyone else could die and it wouldn't bother me THAT much ; )

1. Patchface hands down. The Drowned God reborn.

2. Jaime. Hand-less knight, who can be cooler?

3. Yiggrite, but only the TV version :) gotta itch for redheads, you know.

Dats about it.

Archived