Darkstar "The most dangerous man in Dorne"

The Taxman

Something just occurred to me. Doran makes the statement that DS is "the most dangerous man in Dorne" AFTER he cut off Myrcella's ear. This leads me to believe that DS was the one who told Doran about Arainne's plot. The twist is that DS didn't follow the plan and acted out of his own accord and struck Myrcella. He is now "dangerous" because he probably knows Doran Martell's endgame and now has his own motivations.

This is a pretty interesting theory. I was always against the idea of Darkstar being the informant, because his attack on Myrcella totally blows Doran's plans (it risks even the super-secret ones too), but it works very well in the context of him going against Doran.

There's a couple sample-chapter mentions of Darkstar in relation to Oberyn as well, but this isn't the board for that.

There is always the possibility that Darkstar is actually of the day, and it was a clever ruse of his pretending to be of the night fooling everyone.

It's a bit radical I know.

No...No its can't be! It's IMPOSSIBLE!

Anyway, I think that Darkstar went to Doran to tell him of Arianne's plans, but then betrayed him by maiming Myrcella. I do not think he was intending to kill her. Darkstar-well, almost anyone, really- could have easily killed Myrcella in that conflict.

ETA: Also, does anyone else think Benedict Cumberbatch should play Darkstar? I can totally see that.

No...No its can't be! It's IMPOSSIBLE!

Anyway, I think that Darkstar went to Doran to tell him of Arianne's plans, but then betrayed him by maiming Myrcella. I do not think he was intending to kill her. Darkstar-well, almost anyone, really- could have easily killed Myrcella in that conflict.

ETA: Also, does anyone else think Benedict Cumberbatch should play Darkstar? I can totally see that.

It seems he was definitely trying to kill her. By pure chance her horse reared as the sword stroke was coming at her face. It was just very, very lucky.

Oberyn himself has commented on how dangerous Darkstar is. I would not be surprised if he kills Tommen or Myrcella.

I definitely think the Darkstar was the informer. I think he wants war but knew that Arianne's plot to crown Myrcella wouldn't do that. So he informs on her to create more conflict and maims Myrcella in the process to enrage the Lannisters when they find out.

As for Darkstar in TWOW, I believe he'll manage to steal Dawn. Now Dawn is not an inherited blade but is passed on to whoever is deemed worthy. If a human was the judge of this pretty much every Lord Dayne would proclaim themselves worthy, but that's not the case. So I believe that there may be a COTF hidden at Starfall who decides the next Sword of Morning. So Darkstar breaks into Starfall. With the War for the Dawn approaching even COTF's can get a bit nervous so rather than waiting for a truly noble and worthy Dayne to come along he grants Dawn to DS, who is at least (supposedly) a talented swordsman.

Does being the most dangerous man in Dorne mean that Darkstar is the best fighter? Not necessarily. Littlefinger is dangerous and has a hard time figuring out which is the pointy end. I wouldn't pick Varys over Lyn Corbray in a fight but he's destabilized the Lannisters through influence and assassination, plus contributing to Aerys's madness.

A fighter kills people,maybe quite a few people, but a plotter starts wide scale conflicts that kill tens of thousands and bring down governments. I think we'll see that Darkstar is more than a pretty face and a good swordsman.

Or that Doran is wrong about the most "dangerous" part.

Does being the most dangerous man in Dorne mean that Darkstar is the best fighter? Not necessarily. Littlefinger is dangerous and has a hard time figuring out which is the pointy end. I wouldn't pick Varys over Lyn Corbray in a fight but he's destabilized the Lannisters through influence and assassination, plus contributing to Aerys's madness.

A fighter kills people,maybe quite a few people, but a plotter starts wide scale conflicts that kill tens of thousands and bring down governments. I think we'll see that Darkstar is more than a pretty face and a good swordsman.

Or that Doran is wrong about the most "dangerous" part.

He may bit be the best fighter. I think of him like the joker. Especially if he is dorans informant and then tries to kill myrcella. I think he did try but as shown in arianna POV her horse shies away and flinches so DS misses, but has to ride away. he is just into micromanaging chaos. Not like lf who macromanages chaos. He is just a bat shit crazy motherfucker. I can dig that

Doran and DS are certainly plotting together....after learning about Arianne's plot, Doran told DS to purposefully maim but not kill her...So that Myrcella can tell her Mom and rest of the world that it was DS who tried to kill her and martells helped her and stuff...thus feigning their loyalty to crown.

in a way...DS becomes the fall guy...why he does it is the question now, most likely some deal involving Targs,Doran and Dawn for sure

Doran wants war, but not to be seen as the instigator and not without proper allies. Darkstar set the wheels in motion, and it was no "lucky accident that the house shied" that kept her alive.

It was Martin has stressed how lucky it was that the Horse shied away and he is to be taken seriously. He wanted her dead.

Something just occurred to me. Doran makes the statement that DS is "the most dangerous man in Dorne" AFTER he cut off Myrcella's ear. This leads me to believe that DS was the one who told Doran about Arainne's plot. The twist is that DS didn't follow the plan and acted out of his own accord and struck Myrcella. He is now "dangerous" because he probably knows Doran Martell's endgame and now has his own motivations.

Nope. If even Arianne considers Darkstar to be a bad choice at the beginning of her Queenmaker-chapter, Doran is probably the last one to plot with him or even share his endgame with him, c.

imo, it went down similarly to like protar said:

I definitely think the Darkstar was the informer. I think he wants war but knew that Arianne's plot to crown Myrcella wouldn't do that. So he informs on her to create more conflict and maims Myrcella in the process to enrage the Lannisters when they find out.

Arianne lets DS in on her plans, he considers her plan bad in regard to causing a war/offending the Lannisters, he makes his own: telling Doran, preferably anonymously or through a legit source, so that the recapture/rescue of the conspirers ends in turmoil, leading either to Myrcella being killed in the process or giving DS the possibility to kill her.

Not textual basis for this, I just think it's a plausible scenario.

Balon and Areo will become Bros during their journey in search of Darkstar. However, Obara, who is secretly in love with Gerold, will betray them and kill Balon. Areo will continue on, to avenge Balon's death. He'll fight both Obara and Darkstar, who wields a stolen Dawn. Just when it seems like Areo is about to be defeated, Edric, who has been tracking the stolen sword, will pop out of the darkness like the coming sun and shiv Darkstar. Edric will thus earn the title the Sword of the Morning, while Areo will start his journey home.

Darkstar will steal Dawn from Starfall and leave for Essos to become a sellsword and enjoy the life.

Westeros is fucked without its Lightbringer and Darkstar accidentaly causes the Eternal Night in rhythm with his affiliation to the night.

He's the most dangerous man in Dorne because he knows what Arianne planned to do... and he's the one man in Dorne that Doran does not control.

Tensions are so high in Dorne after Oberyn's death that it wouldn't take much to spiral the simmering anger into all out war.

Archived