Who will be regent after Kevan's death?

Mrs_Darcy

After the epilogue Kevan Lannister is dead and Cersei Lannister is at least politically dead. (Kevan said in the epilogue of ADWD that after her walk of shame she will not be able to rule any longer.

The most logical choice for the next ruler would be Mace Tyrell, since he is already hand, which is kind of the second ruler of the realm, but I do not think, that the Lannisters will let the Tyrells amasse even more power.

So, who will be the next regent?

It will be Cersei, and the fireworks will be spectacular.

I agree. If Margaery loses her trial on top of that then King's Landing will be a smouldering heap drenched in blood after about forty seconds. Something to look forward to!

It will be Cersei, and the fireworks will be spectacular.

:agree:

I have a feeling Cersie's chapters will be some of my favorites in tWoW. She's going to completely kill what remains of her family legacy.

outside her, unless Genna or Jamie head to the capital, I don't think there are anymore direct relatives left so most likely Mace. If it's Mace at least Tommen will be relatively safe. Tommen is his and Marg's only claim to the throne. But Mace in charge means more trouble for Cersie and she'll never allow it.

Cersei will never be able to resume the regency. She has already been displaced as regent and the position isn't hereditary, anybody can be chosen. Besides, the Tyrells will not allow it, she just tried to have their daughter the Queen killed.

But Varys seems to want Kevan dead so he can't rein in Cersei anymore. Varys plan definitely seems to set it up so Cersei can regain control and destabilize everything. Once found innocent, she has all the power of Casterly Rock, not to mention the abomination Robert Strong, under her control. Carnage should ensue.

My guess is that King's Landing gets very messy, very fast in TWoW, and the likely outcome is blood on the streets, a lot of dead Tyrells and Lannisters, and a puppet regime of the Faith. Shoot, the Faith may even declare for Aegon; he has been drilled in the Faith by Septa Lemore (whoever she is). With the Stormlands in hand he's pretty close to just swooping in on KL with Jon Connington, the Golden Company, and his pachyderm posse and plopping his keister right on the IT.

Cersei will never be able to resume the regency. She has already been displaced as regent and the position isn't hereditary, anybody can be chosen. Besides, the Tyrells will not allow it, she just tried to have their daughter the Queen killed.

Except a certain dickless wonder seems to want Cersei as the regent, and this dickless wonder tends to get what he wants.

Littlefinger will probably take advantage of the chaos to make his next move. Whether Mace or Cersei/some Lannister cousin assumes regency, the position of hand of the King will be open. The extremely wobbly regent will need to rally support, which will mean getting either the Dornish or the Vale to side with them. I bet either Mace or Cersei would turn to Littlefinger before turning to the Dornish. So either way, I think it is likely Littlefinger will be the new Hand. Which would mean that Littlefinger must move back to the capital, which complicates his situation with Sansa.

Littlefinger will probably take advantage of the chaos to make his next move. Whether Mace or Cersei/some Lannister cousin assumes regency, the position of hand of the King will be open. The extremely wobbly regent will need to rally support, which will mean getting either the Dornish or the Vale to side with them. I bet either Mace or Cersei would turn to Littlefinger before turning to the Dornish. So either way, I think it is likely Littlefinger will be the new Hand. Which would mean that Littlefinger must move back to the capital, which complicates his situation with Sansa.

Littlefinger always makes use of chaos to advance his position. However, I think that for his taste the chaos is spreading too quickly. in AFFC he already said to Sansa, that the did not anticipate that Cersei would destroy Tywin's alliances so quickly and he must hasten his plans.

In order for Littlefinger to do the next step, Tyrion must be dead, so he can marry Sansa to Harry the Heir. However, Tyrion is safely in Essos and so his plans are on standstill.

Additionally, I do not think, that one can make Littlefinger do anything. If he is summoned back to KL, he will use the trouble he has in the Vale as an excuse to stay there.

What Lannisters but Cersei? Kevan's dead, and Jaime's off in the sticks. Myrcella's a kid, and in Dorne without an ear. Tommen's even more a kid and wants to outlaw beets. Gemma's in the Riverlands and won't leave her idiot Frey husband. Her loyalists on the small council are gone.

My guess is Randyll Tarly. Poor Tommen. He's kind of a MiniSam.

Littlefinger always makes use of chaos to advance his position. However, I think that for his taste the chaos is spreading too quickly. in AFFC he already said to Sansa, that the did not anticipate that Cersei would destroy Tywin's alliances so quickly and he must hasten his plans.

In order for Littlefinger to do the next step, Tyrion must be dead, so he can marry Sansa to Harry the Heir. However, Tyrion is safely in Essos and so his plans are on standstill.

Additionally, I do not think, that one can make Littlefinger do anything. If he is summoned back to KL, he will use the trouble he has in the Vale as an excuse to stay there.

The marriage was non-consummated, so I don't think this is as big of a problem as people think.

Archived