Anyone want to talk about Sansa?

Hutch

So true! Sansa is painfully ordinary. That's actually my favorite thing about her, and ironically what makes her such an original character. Fantasy novels are full of characters like Jon and Arya. Characters like Sansa? Not so much.

:agree:

Hence I'm not that wilde about the "Sansa is totally becoming a cunning player/warrior princess" theories about her. At the moment I'm most terrified for her sanity not slipping into Lysa territory and being able to get out of this mess without having to become a killer (fat chance, I know).

Hmm, I wouldn't agree that Sansa's is an ordinary character, or otherwise you're lucky to have a lot of them around. She is extraordinary, a very strong personality, as well as Arya and Catelyn.

Maybe I´m lucky to have a lot of extraordinary people

around ...... :smug:......

What I mean is that Sansa is the character whose personality most reminds me of contemporary teenagers in comparison with the other female characters in ASOIAF.

Because she begins being a naive child, living with a loving family, on a sort of Disneyworld cloud in her head, with songs and singers fluttering around there. She is dutiful at the beginning, but later she is more or less "disobedient" like teenagers are.

She begins to perceive how the world (harsher than our world, of course) really works, how really are the relations between men and women, how works people in the environment outside of the familiar circle,

and how to behave in that world being only a girl.

And-ironically, in a contradictory way in this kind of fantastic literature-I think- She is more likeable character because her relation with the world is not "magical" (: she doesn´t warg, she hasn´t prophetic dreams or whatever, neither hasn't "super skills which develop in three days").

She only has the same skills that real people have;managing to survive only with that without losing the essence of who she is. Which I think is more credible, more closest to us, more usual, what does not mean necessarily ordinary, but rather, that is more representative of the reader that read about her.

Note:

(Sorry for my pretty terrible English but I think the character really worth the effort.) :hat:

• 3 months later...

Archived