When Lysa has Tyrion captive..

Amerie

Well, technically Cat has him captive but Lysa arranges the trial. It just seemed so strange to me rereading that those chapters today knowing that it was her who killed Jon Arryn.

Lysa doesn't strike me as cunning, despite how well she got away with killing him. I wonder how she keeps it up, she really does hate Tyrion but he didn't actually do anything to her? Is it just that shes mental and hasn't accepted that she did it and believes it was Tyrion?

Lysa thought she was a player and had to play her role in this scheme with LF to frame the Lannisters for Jon's death. She may have had deep issues, but she was not without the ability to lie. It's not as though lying is this super power that only certain characters have.

Lysa was genuinely afraid of the Lannisters and this is probably what drove her behaviour towards Tyrion.

And she had justification for her fear. Tywin wanted to take her son away and raise him at Casterly Rock, something that even Ned realised was a bad idea that would greatly strengthen the Lannisters, and Robert had been persuaded to agree.Given Lysa's twisted possessiveness towards her son, her flight to the Vale and bunker mentality is easy to explain.

Lysa was genuinely afraid of the Lannisters and this is probably what drove her behaviour towards Tyrion.

And she had justification for her fear. Tywin wanted to take her son away and raise him at Casterly Rock, something that even Ned realised was a bad idea that would greatly strengthen the Lannisters, and Robert had been persuaded to agree.Given Lysa's twisted possessiveness towards her son, her flight to the Vale and bunker mentality is easy to explain.

Lysa would not have let anyone foster her son, not just Tywin Lannister. Paranoia ran deep in her an LF played it like a violin.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived