The Long Summer: Your Thoughts

i live in the UK, 10 years of summer here and rivers wouldnt dry, we wouldnt get heat strokes or anything, and for dorne and southern places, do rivers dry up and does everyone suffer in australia? i dont think they do.

I seem to remember seeing a huge spike in deaths in the UK in those few days when temperatures went up to normal Mediterranean temperatures. But the problem isn't a few days of Summer, it's years of Summer.

Australia's seasons, as far as I know, are different from European seasons. More like a wet and dry season, which ensures the renewal of water. Still, if they had only a dry season for years on end, I'm sure they would suffer. But really, most of Australia is desert, where it doesn't rain for months? years?. So there ya go.

i live in the UK, 10 years of summer here and rivers wouldnt dry, we wouldnt get heat strokes or anything, and for dorne and southern places, do rivers dry up and does everyone suffer in australia? i dont think they do.

Umm, look at a water table of Australia, it's cut almost diagonally in half, I always forget who has the water, but half the country is in for an interesting future.

I live in British Columbia and I don't think 10 years of summer would do in a lot of this province either. In fact, under almost all the global warming scenarios, and this is unfair since it's most been the North pillaging the South for eternity, but the North gets more water, just in deluge like fashion. We saw a bit of that this year. So, with good water retention plans and so on, depending where you live, a long summer isn't a big deal.

Archived