If the books were made into anime

The Black Hawk

Man I thought more people would like the idea

People are just programmed to act like A-holes on your threads now.

I think it would be a great idea. Especially if it's more faithful to the books than the HBO series.

The books would have to be dumbed down way too much to fit the anime format. It would be a disaster.

I completely disagree. If anything, HBO is dumbing down this series with their ridiculous Theon dick jokes and the whole Podrick Payne f*cks so well that whores refuse his money.

]Light a wight tonight, on Today, 08:59 AM, said:

The books would have to be dumbed down way too much to fit the anime format. It would be a disaster.

I completely disagree. If anything, HBO is dumbing down this series with their ridiculous Theon dick jokes and the whole Podrick Payne f*cks so well that whores refuse his money.

Ummm, I didn't mention the show here. I said the books. That the books got dumbed down for TV is a separate issue, one I'm not going to deal with.

Come on guys, it won't be that bad, they won't be cuttng out important parts of the book, and it will also last longer than 10 episodes.

But we might not get the same emotional feelins like the RW episode.

Anime can be emotional, you know.

Wait, just curious, which film did you watch ? Was it Golden Wings ?

If so, yeah it's bad, and its visual style is "silly".

What was listed as Episode 1 of League of Galactic Heroes (reminds me of Bill, the Galactic Hero, a satire of war, book not 'toon).

Starts out with two young guys in black uniforms, tousled blond and tousled redhead, meeting with the admirals. They're from the Grand Duchy or whatever. The admirals advise retreat because they're outnumbered 2:1 but blondie overrules them (his sister's the Prime Minster's mistress or something like that? Anyhow, he has that authority.) And on the other side the young guy from the People's Republic has had his plans shot down by the fuddy-duddies in charge.

This episode.

I would love to see it made into a anime. I think a lot of people when they think of anime they think of Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. I have been a anime fan since the 80's. Anime has a very wide spectrum from kiddy stuff to very graphic / violent. If done right aSoIaF could be awesome. I fear it would be toned down to appeal to the younger folks. I watch raws from Japan and some of the stuff I have to watch when my kids are not around (not talking about hentai) because I feel its just to violent.. They could fit all the books into 500-1000 eps. It would take 10 years to complete. A lot of animes have around 26 eps per season. If the task was undertaken the art form / design would make or break it pretty quick.

I would love to see it made into a anime. I think a lot of people when they think of anime they think of Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. I have been a anime fan since the 80's. Anime has a very wide spectrum from kiddy stuff to very graphic / violent. If done right aSoIaF could be awesome. I fear it would be toned down to appeal to the younger folks. I watch raws from Japan and some of the stuff I have to watch when my kids are not around (not talking about hentai) because I feel its just to violent.. They could fit all the books into 500-1000 eps. It would take 10 years to complete. A lot of animes have around 26 eps per season. If the task was undertaken the art form / design would make or break it pretty quick.

That much? I think they could do it in just 200 episodes.

That the books got dumbed down for TV is a separate issue, one I'm not going to deal with.

My point was if there was an animated series completely faithful to books it wouldn't have to be dumbed down at all.

That much? I think they could do it in just 200 episodes.

For the five books that are out now that's more than enough episodes.

Archived