If the books were made into anime

The Black Hawk

Get out the ketchup. I wasted a few minutes on the beginning of Episode 1. Pretty boys in foolish haircuts showing how much smarter than their elders they are. Might appeal to a certain demographic.

I watched a few minutes of episode 1 of GoT.

A cool dwarf having fun with a bunch of whores. With big boobs.

Might appeal to a certain demographic.

Pliskin, if you're not eating your hand, you're a liar.

I'm actually hitting my keyboard with my head. Not because he didn't like LoGH, but obviously for the reasons he brought.

So no, I won't eat my delicious hand.

I do love animes (I recommend the Hellsing OVA to everyone who likes dark stories!)

But somehow I don´t think this is the right format for asoiaf...

I certainly would give it a chance and be glad to be proven wrong ;).

I don´t think anyone decides to use the wrong grammar. Perhaps he isn´t a native speaker?

I watched a few minutes of episode 1 of GoT.

A cool dwarf having fun with a bunch of whores. With big boobs.

Might appeal to a certain demographic.

I

Hey, I tried to meet you halfway. You said I'd like it. You were wrong.

And if you want to discuss the show, there's a separate subforum for that. The books don't start with Tyrion cavorting with whores.

No no no no no. Just no. I have been a fan of anime since I was a little girl but I am saying no to this. It's not like turning a manga into a anime, these are books with a highly popular tv show. I just see it being superficial and corny to the max.

Hey, I tried to meet you halfway. You said I'd like it. You were wrong.

How is that I'm wrong if you've only watched a few minutes ?

Or is again the same previous thing about judging works without watching them ? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

And if you want to discuss the show, there's a separate subforum for that. The books don't start with Tyrion cavorting with whores.

We're discussing adaptating the books. You were in team "anime wouldn't fit", I'm on the other team saying that done the same way as LoGH it could be great. You replied with some absurd bias about LoGH, I said the same over an other adaptation of the books to show you that it doesn't make sense, since this said adaptation (GoT) is very good (though not perfect).

I don't think I'm on the wrong subforum for that.

Could we change the name of the land to Weeabos?

Or you could start typing some constructive posts, no ? :P

I don't think mods here like trolls that much.

There is a thread about "An anime adaptation" every two months or so... and it's the first time I see it degenerate like that :(

How is that I'm wrong if you've only watched a few minutes ?

Or is again the same previous thing about judging works without watching them ? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

We're discussing adaptating the books. You were in team "anime wouldn't fit", I'm on the other team saying that done the same way as LoGH it could be great. You replied with some absurd bias about LoGH, I said the same over an other adaptation of the books to show you that it doesn't make sense, since this said adaptation (GoT) is very good (though not perfect).

I don't think I'm on the wrong subforum for that.

Don't you think the title "League of Galactic Heroes" is just a tad pretentious? It sure strikes me that way.

You challenged the world to view the film and not be persuaded that it was good. I took the challenge and found the film lacking. The visual styling was silly and the plot, as far as I could figure out, was immature and cliche. I won't be watching any more of it, thank you very much. You needn't eat the whole omelet to know the eggs are bad.

If it was done right and ended up being good quality like Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo - I'd watch it.

If it went the Naruto-cliche road, I'd probably skip it.

Don't you think the title "League of Galactic Heroes" is just a tad pretentious? It sure strikes me that way.

Legend* of the Galactic Heroes is indeed a pretentious work. Or you could say ambitious if you don't wanna seem negative (but you do, so I understand).

ASoIaF is ambitious too, and its detractors call it pretentious.

You challenged the world to view the film and not be persuaded that it was good. I took the challenge and found the film lacking. The visual styling was silly and the plot, as far as I could figure out, was immature and cliche.

A Free Planets Alliance fighting an Evil Galactic Empire ? Yeah, it is cliché obviously.

Immature ? No. Sorry, but just no. There aren't many other shows that go into politics as much as LoGH. The Wire did it. The West Wing did it. And the others, you could count them on your fingers.

I won't be watching any more of it, thank you very much. You needn't eat the whole omelet to know the eggs are bad.

And I respect your decision, but you'll have to understand too that I can't debate with you on why you're wrong and why LoGH is a good show, since you haven't watched it.

some thing like this (zoom in) http://th06.devianta...mie-d5lzgm4.jpg

This is amazing. Though did anyone else notice that the dragon at the end looks eerily like Reshiram? :uhoh:

I think a manga might work better than an anime (I know there's already a comic adaptation, but the art made me want to cry - they also make the characters look really old ... like Dany looks like she's 20+) - there are some really amazingly complex manga/manwha like Ai Yazawa's Nana/Paradise Kiss

You challenged the world to view the film and not be persuaded that it was good. I took the challenge and found the film lacking. The visual styling was silly and the plot, as far as I could figure out, was immature and cliche.

Wait, just curious, which film did you watch ? Was it Golden Wings ?

If so, yeah it's bad, and its visual style is "silly".

I was talking about the show (and its prequel film My Conquest is the Sea of Stars), and I can't understand how one could find its visual style silly.

This is amazing. Though did anyone else notice that the dragon at the end looks eerily like Reshiram? :uhoh:

It's not a dragon, it's a direwolf :P (Ghost).

Archived