Rickon with an Army

Burdette

Hi everyone, long time lurker here. Finally decided to create an account, so I could contribute (hopefully) on the boards. My first post is not idea inspiring by any means, but I just wanted to post something I believe.

As most know, Davos is on his way to Skagos to retrieve Rickon, on assignment from Manderly. I think we are all in agreement that Davos will return, but I am not sure if everyone is in agreement on how he will return. IIRC Skagos has lords and castles on it, and technically, they are sworn to the North and Winterfell. I believe they will bring support to the Northern/Stark cause when Rickon does eventually return. Rather than just Rickon/Osha/Davos just returning, I think they will bring much of their forces.

I watched an interview with GRRM recently that said "I still have to introduce the unicorns, so that should be fun" (something along those lines). And I recall a Sam chapter where he said or read that the Men of Skagos rode unicorns in battle.

I know it is pretty thin, but I think that is some "foreshadowing" that Rickon and Davos will come back from Skagos with an army, which will introduce the unicorns. Does anyone else think this a possibility, or even likely? Because I do.

Welcome to the forums!!

I would say it is highly likely the men of Skaagos will come. There are three houses on Skaagos. Its a very large island, so anything from 2-5000 men could follow him. The thing is the Skaagosi rebelled fairly recently so theyre not as loyal as the rest of the North. However, a Stark who has Skaagosi interests and influence would be a great boon for them so i expect them to follow Rickon and declare him Lord of WF

Welcome to the forums!!

I would say it is highly likely the men of Skaagos will come. There are three houses on Skaagos. Its a very large island, so anything from 2-5000 men could follow him. The thing is the Skaagosi rebelled fairly recently so theyre not as loyal as the rest of the North. However, a Stark who has Skaagosi interests and influence would be a great boon for them so i expect them to follow Rickon and declare him Lord of WF

Thanks for the welcome!

That is how I feel it will play out. But I also get the sense that is the only way it will play out. I am curious to see how the northern Skagosi react to the southern Stannis wanting fealty from them and the rest of the North (assuming he survives and wins the battle).

I find it funny how many people reject Aegon because they know little about him (so far) and he came late but love Rickon so much.

I dont reject Aegon, I just don't think he is a Targaryen (based on the foreshadowing). Rickon is different because he is a definitive Stark.

I find it funny how many people reject Aegon because they know little about him (so far) and he came late but love Rickon so much.

Run back to Winterfell and bury your heads in the snow!

Aegon doesn't have the chance to become a unicorn riding canibal warlord KiTN

Thanks for the welcome!

That is how I feel it will play out. But I also get the sense that is the only way it will play out. I am curious to see how the northern Skagosi react to the southern Stannis wanting fealty from them and the rest of the North (assuming he survives and wins the battle).

I suggest you read up on the Northern Conspiracy

IMO i think Stannis will win the North from all other contenders. However, what happens after that i am unsure. I have a feeling when Rickon comes back the Northern bannermen will swear to him and him alone. Now whether they will agree to support Stannis (i hope they do because i dont like the treachery) is unknown, but i dont think they will keep him as King-they want a King in the North. In saying that though if Stannis is smart hel use this alliance to futher his ambition to take KL (until the Others come)

It's possible, but I don't know if I see it. I always thought that Skagos would not be very densely populated nor loyal. And possibly cannibalistic. I'm sure they'll be unicorns running around when Davos goes there, but the Skagosi rebelled for a reason a hundred years ago. Why should they care who is in power on the mainland? Unless they're having problems with the Others or wights I don't see them wanting anything to do with the rest of the North.

It's possible, but I don't know if I see it. I always thought that Skagos would not be very densely populated nor loyal. And possibly cannibalistic. I'm sure they'll be unicorns running around when Davos goes there, but the Skagosi rebelled for a reason a hundred years ago. Why should they care who is in power on the mainland? Unless they're having problems with the Others or wights I don't see them wanting anything to do with the rest of the North.

Well if the comparable Iron Islands can raise in and around 20000 men, i would think the Skaagosi would be able to raise between 10 and 25% of this, especially as it is likely their women fight also. Now their quality wont be great in a pitched battle, like the Wildlings, but as individuals and skirmishers in Winter they will be handy

They also lost. This shows that they will be ruled by WF. If they are resigned to this, which after 100 years of peaceful Stark rule it seems they are, then having a Stark lord who values their values is extremely beneficial for them. Rickon will have been influenced greatly by his time in Skaagos and will likely always keep some Skaagosi advisors near should he come to rule

I suggest you read up on the Northern Conspiracy

IMO i think Stannis will win the North from all other contenders. However, what happens after that i am unsure. I have a feeling when Rickon comes back the Northern bannermen will swear to him and him alone. Now whether they will agree to support Stannis (i hope they do because i dont like the treachery) is unknown, but i dont think they will keep him as King-they want a King in the North. In saying that though if Stannis is smart hel use this alliance to futher his ambition to take KL (until the Others come)

I have read that, and whoever came up with it first is brilliant. I do believe the theory is likely, but if the Bolton army isn't defeated by the time Davos gets back, they will have to keep up appearances until they are ready to overthrow Stannis, to receive his support. I am just not sure how that will go.

Rickon is a cute crazy kid with a direwolf that battles unicorns... what does Aegon have to offer to make me like him D=???

EDIT: As for the OP... I would fall in love with Rickon if he got a Unicorn Army... my BAMF 7 year old ever.

I have read that, and whoever came up with it first is brilliant. I do believe the theory is likely, but if the Bolton army isn't defeated by the time Davos gets back, they will have to keep up appearances until they are ready to overthrow Stannis, to receive his support. I am just not sure how that will go.

The Bolton army logically will be defeated. Its in too poor a position and with uncertain alliances to win. However, George has been known to do the unexpected so who knows!

Well I doubt Rickon will lead any armies himself ;)

But when he becomes KitN (which is my personal preference), I'm thinking the Skagosi will be more integrated, and who knows, maybe Winterfell will keep a few unicorns.

The Bolton army logically will be defeated. Its in too poor a position and with uncertain alliances to win. However, George has been known to do the unexpected so who knows!

Yeah, I too think the Bolton's days are numbered. When the stuff hits the fan, I don't think their "allies" wont be as supportive as they hope.

Well I doubt Rickon will lead any armies himself ;)

But when he becomes KitN (which is my personal preference), I'm thinking the Skagosi will be more integrated, and who knows, maybe Winterfell will keep a few unicorns.

Yeah definitely not. They need to keep the Starks alive.

you wanna know why i reject Aegon? three very simple words

"pick it up"- he can go die in a hole for all i care after that.

you wanna know why i reject Aegon? three very simple words

"pick it up"- he can go die in a hole for all i care after that.

Haha harsh. That made me a little pissed too, I have to admit.

Welcome to the forums!!

got ninjad damnit. Damn you Frey Pie :fencing: .

Welcome to the forums thought Burdette. :cheers:

Hopefully Rickon bonds with the Skaagosi and brings them back into the fold.

Archived