An idea about Aegon's parents

Floris

Now,i've seen a lot of theories about this - Targaryen,noy Targaryen and so on and so on.Maybe you're right,but as i was reading the books and other info,i came to wonder - Decades ago,when Aeryon was send by Maekar to Essos it is said that he had a son,and that son was neglected when the The Great Council choose Aegon 5.Now,is there at least little possibility that Aegon is descendent of this neglected son,what do you think?

first off, welcome to the forums, i hope you have as much fun here as i do :cheers:

as for what you're proposing,it's possible, but most like to believe he's a blackfyre descendant through the female line

I think there is reason to believe that Aegon is indeed Illyrio's son. There is the gruesome way of preserving the memory of Illyrio's wife Serra: her hands in a jar. I do not think this is a way to remember a beloved one. Maybe Illyrio had his wife murdered because she refused to give up her kid when this kid was supposed to be switched with the real Aegon. Taking the child from her hands.

first off, welcome to the forums, i hope you have as much fun here as i do :cheers:

as for what you're proposing,it's possible, but most like to believe he's a blackfyre descendant through the female line

Yeah. It's possible that the Blackfyres found the descendant of Aerion and married them, but I don't think it's that likely, but it's more probable that he's just a Blackfyre.

Yeah,well i just wanna think that the line of Rhaegar is not broken.He is not favourite character to many,but it is mine and i hope that in the end who knows maybe he is rhaegar's son after all - i hope so even if that is not very likely

This is actually a favorite theory of mine. Moqorro does speak of dragons "bright and dark", which could certainly hint at a descendant of Aerion Brightflame making an appearance on the scene. There is also something satisfying about the idea of Aegon being the product of a marriage between two exiled branches of the Targaryen family tree, the Blackfyres and Aerion's descendants. Will it work out that way? I still think it is most likely that he's simply a Blackfyre descendant, but I want him to be a descendant of both.

Yeah. It's possible that the Blackfyres found the descendant of Aerion and married them, but I don't think it's that likely, but it's more probable that he's just a Blackfyre.

why do people keep claiming that serra is a blackfyre and that aegon is her son ?

Yeah,well i just wanna think that the line of Rhaegar is not broken.He is not favourite character to many,but it is mine and i hope that in the end who knows maybe he is rhaegar's son after all - i hope so even if that is not very likely

There is one other who of Rhaegar's line still alive, Jon Snow.

And I'm so glad to hear someone else likes Rhagear as well :).

why do people keep claiming that serra is a blackfyre and that aegon is her son ?

Well the theory is she's Illyrio's real second wife, rather than the one he told Tyrion about (the whore from Lys I think) and that, I think, she might have died giving birth to Aegon and Varys (her brother) and Illyrio planned to get her son on the Throne, and to fulfil the Blackfyres goal to sit the Iron Throne.

Well the theory is she's Illyrio's real second wife, rather than the one he told Tyrion about (the whore from Lys I think) and that, I think, she might have died giving birth to Aegon and Varys (her brother) and Illyrio planned to get her son on the Throne, and to fulfil the Blackfyres goal to sit the Iron Throne.

ya i know the basics, the clothes at illyrio's house are weak as evidence tho

and why does varys have to be a blackfyre ? hard to think of a castrated blackfyre

ya i know the basics, the clothes at illyrio's house are weak as evidence tho

and why does varys have to be a blackfyre ? hard to think of a castrated blackfyre

The clothes at Illyrio's give evidence to (F)Aegon staying there as a boy and also he gets sad when he remembers Aegon, sadder then he should to me, which could be him getting sad because he wants his son back with him.

I think Varys being a Blackfyre makes the theory have more sense. He's not a Targ loyalist is me he planned for Dany and Viserys to die. So him being a Blackfyre makes sense as he's fulfilling the Blackfyre goal and he's putting his sisters son on the Throne.

And I think he might have been castrated because maybe someone found out he's a Blackfyre and they cut him to stop him making anymore Blackfyres.

The clothes at Illyrio's give evidence to (F)Aegon staying there as a boy and also he gets sad when he remembers Aegon, sadder then he should to me, which could be him getting sad because he wants his son back with him.

I think Varys being a Blackfyre makes the theory have more sense. He's not a Targ loyalist is me he planned for Dany and Viserys to die. So him being a Blackfyre makes sense as he's fulfilling the Blackfyre goal and he's putting his sisters son on the Throne.

And I think he might have been castrated because maybe someone found out he's a Blackfyre and they cut him to stop him making anymore Blackfyres.

i suppose but we all agree aegon is a blackfyre and he will die all the same

That, and the man that paid the mummer's troupe for Varys paid a rather large sum for him (mentioned twice in ACoK... the first time described as having paid a large sum, the second time Varys' said that his master was made an offer he couldn't refuse). Why pay a large sum for some random boy in a mummer's troupe, when he could have probably gotten some slave for cheap, or even captured an orphan boy off the street? If the man could have used just any boy for his ritual, doing one of those things would have made more sense.

Well, the magic "ceremony" that he uses Varys for appears to be blood magic, and we know that Melisandre at least values king's blood for her magic. If there was nothing special about Varys' heritage, why make a great offer for him specifically? The magic practicioner that cut him must have known something special about Varys that he thought would help him in his magic. Being descended from a king of Westeros, as the Blackfyres were, could be that something special.

I'll actually be a bit sad when he dies. I like him, no matter if he's a Targ or Blackfyre.

i'm not a big fan of targs, and he's done nothing to earn my respect or sympathy

you know , i hope he dies in a memorable way like viserys

Archived