Anyone Else Wanna See

I can just imagine Godry saying to Jon before they fight.

"I want that sword of yours!"

Then Jon replies,"Then you shall have it Ser!"

I actually think that might happen as it would draw a parallel between Jon and the Sword of the Morning, whose name is Arthur like the legendary king, further pointing to the King Arthur reference and Jon as king.

I actually think that might happen as it would draw a parallel between Jon and the Sword of the Morning, whose name is Arthur like the legendary king, further pointing to the King Arthur reference and Jon as king.

You should maybe do a thread on the Jon and King Arthur parallels.

I know you have a few in the Dance of the Dragons 2.0 thread, but I think you start a thread about them.

I can just imagine Godry saying to Jon before they fight.

"I want that sword of yours!"

Then Jon replies,"Then you shall have it Ser!"

Now that I think on it, I think Jon will say that not to Godry Farring, but to Ramsay Bolton in a parallel to the fight between Arthur Dayne and the Smiling Knight.

The Smiling Knight was a madman, cruelty and chivalry all jumbled up together, but he did not know the meaning of fear

He [Ramsay] should be [afraid]. Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit.

I don't get it, why do people think that Godry and Jon will fight? And why do they think Jon will win?

He kills a giant. Jon looks down on him because the killing blow was to the giant's back. Like it usually is in medieval battles, when most of the casualties are the ones running from battle after the line is broken.

Sam does'nt want to be called Slayer, and Jon tries to convince him that he earned it. Completly igonring Sam's explanations that it was the Dragonglass.

Jon is clearly biased in favor of Sam, and his perception of Godry is based on the latter's general attitude. Godry is still a knight. He was in the Battle of Castle Black, probably on the Blackwater, and is leading Stannis' van. Other then fan-based love of Jon, is there any basis to think that Godry and Jon will fight, and that Jon will win? So far Jon won against recruits of the Night's Watch, and Wildlings. Not exaclty top tier fighters. He has a dragon-steel sword. That's about it.

And what is it with comparing Jon with Arthur Dayen, and Godry with the Smiling Knight? The line the Smiling Knight said about Dawn, that would be so over the top. Godry is an ass, but he is still a knight and has enough faith in his god and his king to keep going in a march that has already claimed the life of his cousin, and while his uncle is under siege in Stom's End. He saw a shiny sword, and wanted to test his skills against those of Jon. Is it realy enough to make the Jon Fans want him dead? Realy?

Jon is clearly biased in favor of Sam, and his perception of Godry is based on the latter's general attitude. Godry is still a knight. He was in the Battle of Castle Black, probably on the Blackwater, and is leading Stannis' van. Other then fan-based love of Jon, is there any basis to think that Godry and Jon will fight, and that Jon will win? So far Jon won against recruits of the Night's Watch, and Wildlings. Not exaclty top tier fighters. He has a dragon-steel sword. That's about it.

the Battle of Castle Black? why would Godry have been a part of that?

the Battle of Castle Black? why would Godry have been a part of that?

Because that is where he slew the giant...

There was the first attack on CB from the south, but that was stage one of the entire thing. The second part is still the battle for Castle Black. It was North of the Wall, and took several days. Then the third stage, where Stannis arrives, and defeats the Wildlings. All three are part of the Battle of Castle Black.

Because that is where he slew the giant...

There was the first attack on CB from the south, but that was stage one of the entire thing. The second part is still the battle for Castle Black. It was North of the Wall, and took several days. Then the third stage, where Stannis arrives, and defeats the Wildlings. All three are part of the Battle of Castle Black.

I always saw it as the Battle of CB as a stand alone battle, then the siege and the arrive of Stannis as the Battle of the Wall. Guess I was just seeing it differently then intended.

Archived