What interests you?

I would like to know a bit more about:

- The History of the First Men, before the Andal invasion.

- The diferent kingdoms, and their political dynamics, between the Andal invasion and the Targaryen conquest.

- The life of the Andals in Essos and the begining of the Faith of the Seven.

- The Ghiscari Empire, from the time of Grazdan, The Great, to the destruction of Ghis by Valyria.

- The hegemony, with a focus in culture and society, of the Valyrian Freehold in Essos.

- The mythological biographies of Bran, The Builder, Lann, The Clever and Garth Greenhand.

- The Red God and the Great Other duality.

but one thing I've always wondered about is how the Kingsguard so quickly went from an ALL-STAR team with men of the caliber of Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower, Oswell Went....to Boros freakin' Blunt and Meryn Trant. It's like the admissions standards for a college dropped over night

Cersei and the Lannisters. Bob was not the brains of the operation. Half the Targs are mad, but at least they had enough sense to choose a good cast of men for the Kingsguard instead of using the positions for political standing.

I want to know more about the importance of obsidian - does volcanic rock react with dragon magic? Why/how do obsidian candles work? Why does obsidian kill Others?

Speaking of obsidian candles, I would love to hear some of Marwyn's adventures.

Cersei and the Lannisters. Bob was not the brains of the operation. Half the Targs are mad, but at least they had enough sense to choose a good cast of men for the Kingsguard instead of using the positions for political standing.

this. cersei was all about having yes men around her so the kingsguard suffered.

i want to know about the citadel and the maesters. i wonder if there is a bene gesserit mission - among other plans and schemes! - happening that the great houses are equally as oblivious about. the marriage alliances seem really important. i also really want to know about the children of the forest and the others.

More detailed and expansive family trees of the noble families. I don't know why, but I just wonder about who's really related to who and how.

Also, more about the Boltons in general and their feud with the Starks.

Ned's mother and paternal grandmother?

Who is Ned's mother? She's never mentioned in the books, just his father and siblings.

And supposedly there are less wealthy Stark decedents in the Vale? Catelyn mentions them in aSoS but that's the only other time they come up.

What/where is the Isle of Faces and why did Howland Reed want to go there?

Where do the Others come from? Did they exist before the Long Night?

The Skagosi have houses sworn to Winterfell, but we never hear Ned talk about them, or Robb, or any of the Northern lords really. What is up with that?

Who did Egg marry?

Where did the idea of the Seven come from? Some of the aspects/figures seem pretty random, like the Smith and the Crone.

Archived