Dany's commanders in Westeros

repbypop

Dany has proved she is a pretty good general by herself, so I expect it will be more of the same when she gets to westeros.

Are you serious, Dany is not a commander, a conqueror maybe but no commander. Jorah and barristan was her commanders at that time. She don't lead her army in battle, so i don't see how she can be a good general. And all her battles were easy to win, her ennemies was weak, they lacked good soldiers and good equipements.

If the Dothrakis accept to follow Tyrion, maybe, but i wouldn't bet on that. The Dothrakis follow only their Khal to battle , and Dany will be the only one they would accept to follow because she has dragons. And the Unsullied, their commander is Grey Worn, nobody else. So i don't think Tyrion would be able to lead any of them in battle. The master of ships should be Victarion, Lannisters don't have ships, so it would be a waste of time to name a lannister as master of ship with no ships.

The Dothraki will follow whoever Dany tells them too. They followed Ser Jorah in the past. I don't see why they wouldn't follow a commander of Dany's choosing in the future. As to Grey Worm he is basically an NCO. He was taught to take commands and have his unsullied carry them out. He doesn't know anything about war in Westeros and I don't think he is even capable of developing a battle plan although he is more then capable of carrying one out.

That's totally like to happen /sarcasm. Tyrion isn't even a proper commander, tossing fire onto your enemy doesn't make you a commander. Ys he has some unrealistic luck in battle since he's survived even one of them, but he is no commander.

And we aren't even sure Mrs I Hate Usurper Dogs will take kindly to Tyrion or some magically appearing Gerion.

Tyrion doesn't have to be in the middle of the fighting to command. He is more then capable of developing a long term strategy for Dany to conquer Westeros though. He is also more then capable of developing a sound tactical plan that will allow Dany to do her conquering. Grey Worm and the other commanders will be able to carry out his plans. Tyrion doesn't need to lead a sortie like he did in the battle of BW. He can do what he did in the begging of the battle, sit on the walls and plan/give orders.

And it's true that we don't know how Dany will take to Tyrion but I think it's pretty safe to say that Tyrion and Dany will end up working together. Both are major characters and Dany has needed someone like Tyrion for a long time.

Dany has proved she is a pretty good general by herself, so I expect it will be more of the same when she gets to westeros.

Dany isn't a general and has never tried to be a general. I think she would be the first to admit that "she is a little girl who knows little about the ways of war". This is one area where she didn't let her ego get in her way. She has let her generals do the fighting which is smart and has worked great for her so far.

20k unsulied is way off too.

No the 20k Dothrakis of Khal Jhaqo, and Dany has only 5-6k Unsullied and a couple of thousands of freedman .

Ah I didn't know you were assuming she would have Khal Jhaqo's khal. And I know she doesn't have that many unsullied. I thought you were just talking about her forces right now and assumed your numbers were off. I understand now and I too think she will gather much more Dothraki. The problem with that is transporting them. Where is she going to get the ships to transport 20k Dothraki and their horses let alone her unsullied and sellswords. She is going to have some major logistical problems.

The Dothraki will follow whoever Dany tells them too. They followed Ser Jorah in the past. I don't see why they wouldn't follow a commander of Dany's choosing in the future. As to Grey Worm he is basically an NCO. He was taught to take commands and have his unsullied carry them out. He doesn't know anything about war in Westeros and I don't think he is even capable of developing a battle plan although he is more then capable of carrying one out.

They followed Jorah because he was a warrior who proved himself more than once, they know Jorah since Khal Drogo was alive and Khal himself has some respect for Jorah, so they have no problem to follow him. But they will not follow a imp on battlefield, trust me.

Are you serious, Dany is not a commander, a conqueror maybe but no commander. Jorah and barristan was her commanders at that time. She don't lead her army in battle, so i don't see how she can be a good general. And all her battles were easy to win, her ennemies was weak, they lacked good soldiers and good equipements.

The plan to defeat the Yunkai (which was excellent) was all her own idea, Jorah only executed it on the battlefield (hardly an unheard of arrangement).

The same goes for the seizure of Meereen. She behaves more like a modern c-in-c than a medieval general it is true, and that is because she is a diminutive woman and so can't physically fight herself.

Where is she going to get the ships to transport 20k Dothraki and their horses let alone her unsullied and sellswords. She is going to have some major logistical problems.

Probably the Victarion fleets who are on his way to Meereen.

The plan to defeat the Yunkai (which was excellent) was all her own idea, Jorah only executed it on the battlefield (hardly an unheard of arrangement).

The same goes for the seizure of Meereen. She behaves more like a modern c-in-c than a medieval general it is true, and that is because she is a diminutive woman and so can't physically fight herself.

She's a strategist, not a commander, two differents things, and like i said she was able to do that because the slavers are stupid. Her little tricks won't work in Westeros.

Archived