Littlefinger The King Of The Ashes

Hello everybody, this will be my very post so be nice please :bowdown:

Before I begin lets briefly mention an episode of Game of thrones where Varys is talking to Olenna about Petyr Baelish. In this scene Varys said something that got my attention which was something within the lines of "Littlefinger would burn the seven Kingdoms if he could be the king of the ashes".

Now let's go back to the books.

As we all know the mad king hatched the wildfire plot and with the help of his pyromancers he created a massive amount of wildfire and secretly planted it all around Kingslanding. Even though Jaime saved Kingslanding and killed the remaining pyromancers that was in this plot. There are still some wildfire cases plotted all around kingslanding which hasn't been found yet.

So this is where the theory begins. Petyr Baelish might have found one of these secret stashes of wildfire when he was creating his empire of brothels and decided not to tell anyone but instead start looking for more of it. This means that all of his businesses and brothels are plotted all around kingslanding not randomly but because they are hiding the crates of the long lost wildfire. This event would be similar to the tragedy of Summerhall.

Why would Petyr want to keep these dangerous caches under his businesses? Well it's because as we all know he is playing the game and in the end wants to sit on the Iron Thrones. I believe that in the end when the time is right Littlefinger will get one his payed "spies" to light his collection of wildfire which will burn down Kingslanding and kill the common folk, the lords and knights and whoever rules it at that specific time. Then the brave lord of Harrenhal and protector of the Vale shall gather his men of the vale and help the residents of Kingslanding with medical supplies, food and support. Which will in the end could reward him with more lands, support his claim of the vale, make the small-folk love him and maybe even make him the king of the seven kingdom.

Do you think Littlefinger would do this? and how could burning down Kingslanding really benefit him in the end?

Also if this tragic event does happen who do you think will die? Tommen, Stannis or even Aegon?

Thank you for reading :cool4:

Welcome! :cheers:

It's kind of hard to determine validity of a theory without textual support.

Although the show is based on the books, ASOIAF does not equal GoT. You will see a thousand times in the forums and SSMs that they are not the same media. An off-hand comment from the show about LF burning the Seven Kingdoms seems to mean that he is very ambitious and will stop at nothing for power. I don't think it means he found caches of wildfire.

As we see from Cersei setting the Tower of the Hand on fire with a cache of wildfire, it seems to be contained to the building where the fire is started. I'm not sure a few brothels set on fire with wildfire would burn down KL. The incident on Blackwater with the ships was in an open area, and used huge amounts of wildfire in an open area where the fire could spread across the water with the tides and current. I think if the theory is true, then the fire might be contained. I don't think he would burn his brothels for little gain.

As for the assessment of LF's ambition - I could see it in him to go through with something like that if it were true. Although, his next play in the game seems to be with Sansa.

Welcome! :cheers:

It's kind of hard to determine validity of a theory without textual support.

Although the show is based on the books, ASOIAF does not equal GoT. You will see a thousand times in the forums and SSMs that they are not the same media. An off-hand comment from the show about LF burning the Seven Kingdoms seems to mean that he is very ambitious and will stop at nothing for power. I don't think it means he found caches of wildfire.

I wouldn't dismiss the show completely because the show runners know how the book series will end, so they might have included there own foreshadowing, I believe this was true with THotU.

But going back to the theory, I think if LF is going to burn down KL using the wildfire, it might be to destroy the Iron Throne and end the monarchy completely. He might declare himself the King of the Vale or the North.

I wouldn't dismiss the show completely because the show runners know how the book series will end, so they might have included there own foreshadowing, I believe this was true with THotU.

True..I was a little taken back, and almost disappointed from the throne room scene.

But, its kind of the same point I was making - the show and books differ. It's hard to make and keep afloat a tv show for a smart audience. They have to keep the other 95% of people that watch the show entertained and informed. Many things change and are added, as scenes that never could happen in the books - without either a Varys or Olenna POV. It seems the scene was to keep the audience entertained - because it was awesome. And, as well to get some insight on the intention and ambition of LF. I don't think it was meant to let the audience know that LF found caches of wildfire.

I think we know where just about all of the wildfire was placed. The Red Keep, the Dragonpit, the Great Sept of Baelor (since removed), and the seven gates. I doubt Littlefinger stumbled across any of it, but who knows.

I doubt that Littlefinger would willing light King's Landing on fire, but if it benefited him he probably would. He'd love to burn down the Red Keep and basically every major castle in Westeros though with every highborn inside of them. Littlefinger doesn't have anything against people of low birth, but if they have to be sacrificed to destroy the highborn system, so be it.

If anyone is burning KL, its going to be Cersei.

While I hesitate to say that LF would burn down King's Landing, Cersei certainly would. She hates the small folk and is fucking crazy to boot, so I definitely think she'll attempt it once the war goes south for her.

Archived