Lightbringer: what kind of sword?

Nephenee

I believe Lightbringer is a sword.

Explain to me how a sword will help defeat an army of others. Jon (or whomever) attacks the others with the "sword" lightbringer - he kills one - on his backswing 5 others step up and run him through. Not very useful. Or how about arrows? What would happen if they attack him with arrows? Lightbringer cannot be a sword in the literal sense because it is going to be key to defeating the others. The NW as lightbringer (which I dont believe) at least makes sense by the fact that the NW will be key to defeating the others. The dragons also make sense. A single sword does not, at least not to me.

Explain to me how a sword will help defeat an army of others. Jon (or whomever) attacks the others with the "sword" lightbringer - he kills one - on his backswing 5 others step up and run him through. Not very useful. Or how about arrows? What would happen if they attack him with arrows? Lightbringer cannot be a sword in the literal sense because it is going to be key to defeating the others. The NW as lightbringer (which I dont believe) at least makes sense by the fact that the NW will be key to defeating the others. The dragons also make sense. A single sword does not, at least not to me.

The prophecy does not say the Lightbringer will defeat the others, it says Azor Ahai will and he will also wield the Lightbringer. I for one don't see AA as a superhero who just comes there and destroys the others on his own, I see him more of a leadership figure who "defeats the others", but not just by pulling out his Lightbringer and making them disappear.

The prophecy does not say the Lightbringer will defeat the others, it says Azor Ahai will and he will also wield the Lightbringer. I for one don't see AA as a superhero who just comes there and destroys the others on his own, I see him more of a leadership figure who "defeats the others", but not just by pulling out his Lightbringer and making them disappear.

I am not saying light bringer will defeat the others either - I say it will be "KEY". Considering how much time GRRM has spent describing the forging of lightbringer Im sure you would agree it will play a pivotal role. To play a pivotal role it cant be an actual sword. Wouldnt you agree that the Dragons are the perfect weapon to fight the others? So a prophecy about the warrior fighting the others would surely mention them right? Hence the birth of the dragons directly paralells the lightbringer forging story. Wielding lightbringer can easily be interpreted as riding a dragon into battle. What is a dragon but a "sword of fire."

Archived