Patchface will kill Shireen?

PennyDreamer

So Patchface and his prophetic words trouble me a lot, and particularly these two phrases:

“Away, away,” the fool sang. “Come with me beneath the sea, away, away, away.” He took the little princess by one hand and drew her from the room, skipping.

Patchface jumped up. “I will lead it!” His bells rang merrily. “We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh.”

And of course the fact that Melisandre thinks he's evil.

So I think the evil thing Patches is going to do is kill Shireen Baratheon, possibly by drowning her. Because in both quotes he tells her he will lead her under the sea, which sure sounds like drowning her.

What does everyone else think?

(Patchface is truly the creepiest character in the entire series. He gives me the chills 0.0)

Great thread (started by me :)) that goes over the Patchface prophecies and Mel's true intentions. Check it out. http://asoiaf.wester...rpose-spoilers/

"The Patchface prophecies" sounds like an excellent movie I would watch on the USA channel three years after it's released.

As for the OP, He does say we will march into the sea and out again. Meaning a coming and going. And sometimes it's best to take patchface quite literally, i.e. "chains for the guests, chains fro bridgegroom, aye aye aye." Personally I don't Patchface particularly malignant or creepy though,

I think the timing and context of his prophesies are important...he seems to have spoken about the dragons, the Others, and the red wedding (depending on interpretation, of course). But this depends on whom he's talking to, what was said before, and what events occurred.

With the above quote, I'm not sure of context, but maybe he wants to keep Shireen safe; he has a healthy dislike for Mel, IIRC.

So Patchface and his prophetic words trouble me a lot, and particularly these two phrases:

“Away, away,” the fool sang. “Come with me beneath the sea, away, away, away.” He took the little princess by one hand and drew her from the room, skipping.

Patchface jumped up. “I will lead it!” His bells rang merrily. “We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh.”

And of course the fact that Melisandre thinks he's evil.

So I think the evil thing Patches is going to do is kill Shireen Baratheon, possibly by drowning her. Because in both quotes he tells her he will lead her under the sea, which sure sounds like drowning her.

What does everyone else think?

(Patchface is truly the creepiest character in the entire series. He gives me the chills 0.0)

Sure man why not?

It never occurred to me to be anything but amused by Patchface until I started reading all the theories about him. Thanks guys! :bawl:

I wonder if Patchface himself is benign but he is vulnerable to having control over his body wrested from him. Similar to the time Bran warged Hodor. Maybe something malevolent will take his body.*

* There's a good chance I'm under the influence of watching the Conjuring last night.

It never occurred to me to be anything but amused by Patchface until I started reading all the theories about him. Thanks guys! :bawl:

I wonder if Patchface himself is benign but he is vulnerable to having control over his body wrested from him. Similar to the time Bran warged Hodor. Maybe something malevolent will take his body.*

* There's a good chance I'm under the influence of watching the Conjuring last night.

The drowned god?

Great thread (started by me :)) that goes over the Patchface prophecies and Mel's true intentions. Check it out.

Here's an excerpt from that discussion that's relevant.....

This could very well play into the Patchface Prophecies. Mel is fearful of Patchface and sees him in her visions surrounded by skulls with a mouth full of blood.

"I will lead it. We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh (ADWD)"

If you buy into the "under the sea = death" theory, this can easily be interpreted as Patchface becoming a wight and rising from the dead to lead wights on the backs of undead horses to attack the wall, while the NW blows their horn (or maybe it's the Horn of Winter?). After Shireen's death, perhaps Patchface releases the wights and ultimately lets in the Others.

Here's an excerpt from that discussion that's relevant.....

This could very well play into the Patchface Prophecies. Mel is fearful of Patchface and sees him in her visions surrounded by skulls with a mouth full of blood.

"I will lead it. We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh (ADWD)"

If you buy into the "under the sea = death" theory, this can easily be interpreted as Patchface becoming a wight and rising from the dead to lead wights on the backs of undead horses to attack the wall, while the NW blows their horn (or maybe it's the Horn of Winter?). After Shireen's death, perhaps Patchface releases the wights and ultimately lets in the Others.

Yeah, that could be it. I definitely think Patchface has an important part to play, with the prophecies and all. Sorry for the thread, I didn't know u had made one too, I just wanted opinions on that specific matter :) Great thread btw

Yeah, that could be it. I definitely think Patchface has an important part to play, with the prophecies and all. Sorry for the thread, I didn't know u had made one too, I just wanted opinions on that specific matter :) Great thread btw

wasnt the same topic. It was about shireen. Just thought you'd find the overlap and some of the Patchface interpretations interesting.

Archived