Will magic and mysticism survive the series?

mindchap

Leaf's comments to Bran about there not being any room for them in the world that man has built got me to thinking. Will magic and mysticism still be around in the end of the series or will we have something like the Elves leaving Middle Earth type of situation?

I personally like the idea of it always being around, mainly because I want Bran to survive the whole thing, along with a dragon or two at least. So what do you think?

Leaf's comments to Bran about there not being any room for them in the world that man has built got me to thinking. Will magic and mysticism still be around in the end of the series or will we have something like the Elves leaving Middle Earth type of situation?

I personally like the idea of it always being around, mainly because I want Bran to survive the whole thing, along with a dragon or two at least. So what do you think?

i sort of think it will die along with the dragons, others and irregular seasons. and bran will just exist just like the old gods of olympus.

I'm confident that magic will become a permanent force in Westeros by the time the story is over with. That and i doubt Martin would so closely mimic Tolkein by having such a similar ending.

hmmmm. i never thought of it that way. so the magic left with the elves? hmmmmm.

It's been a long time since i read Lord of the Rings, so i'm pretty fuzzy on many details.

it makes sense. i remember the line "the time of the elves is at an end and time of man begins" or something like that. but i didn't connect the magic with that but as i said, it makes sense.

I'm confident that magic will become a permanent force in Westeros by the time the story is over with. That and i doubt Martin would so closely mimic Tolkein by having such a similar ending.

hmmmm. i never thought of it that way. so the magic left with the elves? hmmmmm.

For god's sake people, spoiler alert.

Not exactly, but over the course of events in Arda magic seemed to dwindle down to just where the elves were. And then in the end the Elves set sail into the East.

I didn't realize there was anyone on here who hasn't at least watched the LotR. Kind of like spoiling Titanic by saying it sinks in the end.

anyone who hasn't read lotr yet, just isn't trying. :P

What?!

this made me lol. really loud. :rofl:

I believe magic will be around at the end but some kind of new accord will have to be reached --at great cost -- between CotF and Others and men to send everyone back to their respective realms.

Archived