What's Bloodraven's end game?

jenerationx

I am sure this has been discussed before, but searching the forum topics doesn't bring me what I need, which is theories about what Bloodraven's end game is -- what are his intentions? As the TEC, is it simply to groom Bran to take his place (and why specifically Bran)?

There's also the possibility that he wargs into Mormont's raven (I'm sad that that thread died wherein the poster was going through each book and singling out the instances with the raven), and while doing so, seems to be helping Jon... or if not helping, something.

Is his plan:

1) Get Bran to takeover for him

2) Help Jon fight the Others

3) ???

4) Profit!

But seriously... I can see why he'd want someone to take his place. Sounds like exhausting work, and he's been doing it a long time. Helping Jon though... why? Just out of the goodness of his heart? Because they're both (likely) Targaryen bastards? Or is all of this mainly to help with the coming war for the dawn, meaning he's doing it for the good of the realm? (In which case, maybe he should join forces with Varys... unless Varys is actually a Blackfyre like people think, in which case, nvm.)

Do the math. BR arrived at the wall and rose to LC with enough time for his vanishing. The Flint woman was either impregnated by he or Egg. BR the most likely. This is just my opinion. All of the stark kids(Ned genre) have traits described as his. Plus suddenly a rare ability comes to the Starks. One associated with other rare abilities that Targ lines have.

Who had the better claim? Baratheons or ones born of solitude and secrecy?

Bloodraven just wants to do his part. I'm sure he's the Bad Cat of the Red Keep and Mormont's Raven. He doesnt like Tommen. But I think his real endgame is to fight the others and protect the realm, and that means planting Bran next to him on a Weirwood Throne.

Eventually he will become part of the Weirwoods and will simply live on, provided we end up with someone in charge who knows better than to cut the bloody things down.

That's cool... but in the meantime, what are all his machinations about? Just protecting the realm? Not that that's not a good/noble cause; just curious if that's what people think is his primary intention.

That's cool... but in the meantime, what are all his machinations about? Just protecting the realm? Not that that's not a good/noble cause; just curious if that's what people think is his primary intention.

I do, but then again that's just opinion. Maybe he spent so much of his life trying to prevent the rise of the Blackfyres that he's finally realized how petty that was when there are much, much bigger threats to the realm than his bitter bickering with his half brother. I like to think that anyway because after reading Mystery Knight I just can't see him as a malicious character.

I dont think he really minds about mortal intrigue, as much as he does fighting the others.

I mean the guy merged with the weirwoods, and has lived for hundreds of years, he probably remembers his human life as a dream due to the insight he gets from warging and going into the weirwoods, the life of humans probably feel as fleet as lives of insects.

He probably only cares at the survival of the human race as a whole and he is not a player in the GoT

Archived