First Men Houses from the South

King of Winters

I'd take the stuff about houses dating to the age of heroes with a grain of salt. I'm sure some of them do, but probably not all of them.

The oldest histories we have were written after the Andals came to Westeros. The First Men only left us runes on rocks, so everything we think we know about the Age of Heroes and the Dawn Age and the Long Night comes from accounts set down by septons thousands of years later. There are archmaesters at the Citadel who question all of it.

Almost every house in the south likely has at least a little first men blood.

I agree. I also believe that female bloodlines should not be discounted especially when people use that same reasoning to say that Jon is also a Stark because of Lyanna, or that the Stark children are also half-Tullys. You don't stop being related to someone just because you don't share the same culture/race or name as that person . Every House could probably trace their bloodline back to at least someone with the blood of the First Men.

Could House Baratheon be considered a First Men House? The name is the only new part about it. The bloodline is still there.

Maybe the oldest if you believe the stories about a young Bran the Builder, founder of the Stark line helping a presumably older Durran Durrendon build Storm's End.

House Gardener was an andal house.

I thought House Gardener was founded in the Age of Heroes?

Could House Baratheon be considered a First Men House? The name is the only new part about it. The bloodline is still there.

Maybe the oldest if you believe the stories about a young Bran the Builder, founder of the Stark line helping a presumably older Durran Durrendon build Storm's End.

Yes, you could say House Baratheon can trace it's line from First Men.

I agree. I also believe that female bloodlines should not be discounted especially when people use that same reasoning to say that Jon is also a Stark because of Lyanna, or that the Stark children are also half-Tullys. You don't stop being related to someone just because you don't share the same culture/race or name as that person . Every House could probably trace their bloodline back to at least someone with the blood of the First Men.

I agree with the bolded part. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. With the Lannisters, for example, the house may have once worshipped the Old Gods and the blood of the First men would have been passed down through the years. However, once the Andal influence was introduced, they seem to have strayed further and further away from the First Men culturally. I don't know the genealogy since the Age of Heroes, but it would not surprise me if more marriage pacts were made with other Andal-ized houses, thus further diluting the bloodline. Also, the physical appearance of the Lannisters that we see alive in the books is what we expect from Andal blood. There are no dark haired, grey eyed Lannisters that I know of. So in my mind they are more Andal than First Men.

Archived