First Men Houses from the South

King of Winters

In the South there are numerous house that can trace their beginnings to the First Men.

My question is what Houses, in the South, are First Men Houses?

Off the top of my head I can think of some:

House Blackwood

House Bracken

House Tully

House Dayne

House Royce

House Hightower

Are there any more?

In the South there are numerous house that can trace their beginnings to the First Men.

My question is what Houses, in the South, are First Men Houses?

Off the top of my head I can think of some:

House Blackwood

House Bracken

House Tully

House Dayne

House Royce

House Hightower

Are there any more?

The is the Fort theory (any house or town called Fort has First Men roots.), for instance the Redforts, from the Vale.

Never heard of the Fort theory.

There was a thread about building construction (wood vs. stone, etc) from last year sometime that noticed a possible correlation amongst: older Houses, fort in the name, and the First Men. (Redforts, Darklyns (Dun Fort), Boltons (Dreadfort), etc.)

I will try to track it down.

I'm guessing a lot of the Houses that an trace their origin to Garth Greenhand likely have First Men blood. This is mainly Houses Florent, Rowan and Oakheart.

I think one can assume the Houses from Crackclaw Point were originally of First Men descent as well.

I thought they had mostly First Men blood and 90% of their houses dated back to the age of heroes.

The Andals invaded the Iron Islands though, with many converting to the Drowned God, but some still keeping the Seven.

Archived