The Cat-Jon-Ned Debacle (long)

butterbumps!

Bb- the crappy term I am using wasn't meant to quantify her behaviour as abuse. It was meant to characterize the actions of an adult to repetitively blame a child for his father's actions. Especially when the father is right there. And to do it for almost 15 years.

I think you used the term 'understandable' before. I can't agree. I could if it were something she did briefly...it would still smack of emotional cowardice to me, but ok, she's human. We all make mistakes, even with children.

But for 14 years?

That's not understandable, to me. That's crappy. I have no idea whether it qualifies as abuse to make an innocent child unwelcome in the only home he's ever had for his entire life. I don't know where that measures on the scale. I know, for me, it's past the crappy line.

Bb- the crappy term I am using wasn't meant to quantify her behaviour as abuse. It was meant to characterize the actions of an adult to repetitively blame a child for his father's actions. Especially when the father is right there. And to do it for almost 15 years.

I think you used the term 'understandable' before. I can't agree. I could if it were something she did briefly...it would still smack of emotional cowardice to me, but ok, she's human. We all make mistakes, even with children.

But for 14 years?

That's not understandable, to me. That's crappy. I have no idea whether it qualifies as abuse to make an innocent child unwelcome in the only home he's ever had for his entire life. I don't know where that measures on the scale. I know, for me, it's past the crappy line.

Agreed. :laugh:

• 1 year later...

Archived