The Lost Art of Corpse Arrangement...again. [Spoilers]

Strong Flame

I started this topic on the ASOIAF forum, but it was pointed out that it would be better suited here.

It's a quick read, seven pretty short replies, with not just a lil' bit o' the crackpottery, so I won't rewrite the theory here, just read the OP.

I am reviving the topic here, because in Season 2 EP 8, we again see similar symbols, this time when Sam, Grenn and Edd dig up the dragonglass.

Of course, it should be said again that show does not always = books and that this may again just be flair (also, in the books, Ghost and Jon find the dragonglass, so...) and have nothing to do with the deeper world of the books....

...BUT as my original theory posits, considering the fact that D+D know the way the saga will play out, have they let out a hint at it by accident. The original theory i had suggested that this may be in the way of revealing a little about WW culture via theri language or rites or religion or motives...and that is still up for discussion...I'd like to see it discussed here.

But what this new occurence of sinilar symbols provides is not only a third occurence, but a connection. the dragonglass symbols are from the FIRST MEN, but are very similar to those of the WW...what does that mean!!??!

Again, a bit wild, and maybe i'm reading too deep, but I think it is an interesting idea.

Discuss!!

Good catch!

I've been suggesting that the WW and the First Men may be the same people, but that theory got shot down firmly on a couple of occasions. :P You just gave me another argument. Thanks! ;)

It's a very interesting point you make, at first when I saw the episode I did think it was just, artistry especially after mance's comment, however this potential link between the first men and them suggests a growing complexity to the others, and it will be interesting to see if it is further explored when we visit TLOAW in TWOW. however, it could also just be an accident by the show producers. Great first thread though, welcome to the forum :cheers:

Good catch!

I've been suggesting that the WW and the First Men may be the same people, but that theory got shot down firmly on a couple of occasions. :P You just gave me another argument. Thanks! ;)

It's actually distinctly possible,a lot of people on the general forums,including myself think that the WW's were at one point First Men,who were corrupted as they started to live in the Lands of Always winter.

Ah, I have not read it before. Do you have a link to those discussions - I'd love to read them!

Personally I think the First Men south of the wall were just more 'humanized' by the Andals in later times, but it's the timeline problem that's making it impossible to really say anything about what may or may not have caused the change.

Archived