Shae in the tv show [BOOK SPOILERS]

BadassUrukHai

For some reason they are making Shae a lovable character.

Why? We all now this is gonna end so... Why bother?

Unless they are trying to kill her in another way... Maybe they'll make Tywin kill her and that will put Tyrion over the edge? Making it another motive for him to kill him?

This is the wrong forum, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this. Tyrion has been whitewashed a lot, having him kill Shae might ruin his image for TV viewers, which is something the show-runners probably don't want.

This is the wrong forum, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this. Tyrion has been whitewashed a lot, having him kill Shae might ruin his image for TV viewers, which is something the show-runners probably don't want.

When I read the books, I didn't thought it would ruin his character, but that was because Shae was just a whore and in the show she is much more than that.

But if they don't put him kill her, it will be an enormous change. And when people go read the books after they have seen the show, they'll be like: wtf

Wrong forum? How so?

When I read the books, I didn't thought it would ruin his character, but that was because Shae was just a whore and in the show she is much more than that.

But if they don't put him kill her, it will be an enormous change. And when people go read the books after they have seen the show, they'll be like: wtf

Wrong forum? How so?

Double post... Sorry

I think thei makeing her more like able o make her betrayal have more impact and I'm cretins ther not going to change anything. I can't remember what episode it's in but when Tyrion tell Sensa about the marriage he say to send Shea out so she doesn't hear it to spare her feeling but Sensa takes it as mistrust of her and she said "I trust her EVEN THO SHE TELLS ME NOT TOO" big clue most people miss she's playing Sensa and Tyrion

the show Shae in my opinion is ridiculously presumptious. Grabbing one of the richest men in the kingdoms face, saying she won't do this and that, acting mad at him and what not. Lets not get it twisted, she is a whore and there a millions of them in the kingdoms. I would have her out on the street the first time she said I can't, I won't or I don't. Just saying. Not Lovable.

the show Shae in my opinion is ridiculously presumptious. Grabbing one of the richest men in the kingdoms face, saying she won't do this and that, acting mad at him and what not. Lets not get it twisted, she is a whore and there a millions of them in the kingdoms. I would have her out on the street the first time she said I can't, I won't or I don't. Just saying. Not Lovable.

Not quite. In the tv show they never really say she is a whore. She actually gets all weird when Tyrion tries to talk about her parents. So... Where are they trying go get with this?

IDK, book Shea didn't come off that bad until she speaks against Tyrion at the trial. Until then she seemed pretty genuine, but also a gold digger. Heck, the girl is a whore, of course she's going to go after Tyrion for everything she can get. But, she did seem to care for him, and seemed jealous when he married. She's just a good actress in the book playing Tyrion like a fiddle.

As Shae is kinda of acting as a Ser Dantos replacement I think she'll be killed aiding Sansa's escape. I do not think they will have Tyrion kill her. TV shows struggle in getting a persons inner monologue onto the screen, which is simple in a novel, and I think this will make it harder to understand Tyrions motives in killing her, and in making people still like him after and care what happens to him.

I'm not sure how they'll go about this. Perhaps they'll have Tywin kill her, and then have Tyrion kill Tywin? It'll be strange to see Shae being murdered and betray Tyrion, especially after that talk with Varys. Some people think Tywin is paying her though, and also is a spy (hence how he knew about Tyrion and Sansa not consummating their marriage).

I'd argue the opposite, if you watch her acting. From what I remember in the books, the narration made Shae seem overly infatuated with Tyrion even though its easy to presume she's a whore and just faking it. Still, they showed some sort of love even if it was feigned.

Show Shae's eyes have no flare whatsoever and she isn't all up Tyrion's member like she should be, even in that scene in season 2 (or 3?) when she says 'I'm yours.' She had the classic Littefinger 'eyes not smiling with the mouth' thing going on.

As Shae is kinda of acting as a Ser Dantos replacement I think she'll be killed aiding Sansa's escape. I do not think they will have Tyrion kill her. TV shows struggle in getting a persons inner monologue onto the screen, which is simple in a novel, and I think this will make it harder to understand Tyrions motives in killing her, and in making people still like him after and care what happens to him.

I also thought about she being a replacement of Dontos. But I think Littlefinger took the part himself. He went to talk with her about getting her out of KL and all. They seem to be making their connection somewhat stonger. Giving him Sandor's lines and shit -.-'

But back to Shae, if she is the one to take her to Littlefinger she will die then. And it's to big of a change. Tyrion will end up being looking for her and that can't happen.

I don't think they will have Tyrion not kill her since when she does what she does, the entire GOT fanbase will despise her almost a much as Joffrey. I think they'll do it. They're making her lovable, because when she beds Tywin it will be that much more painful, but still truthful, at the end of the day she is a whore, and Tyrion said what he wanted of her, she gave it, she likes him yes, but lots of characters like each other, they still betray one another.

I also thought about she being a replacement of Dontos. But I think Littlefinger took the part himself. He went to talk with her about getting her out of KL and all. They seem to be making their connection somewhat stonger. Giving him Sandor's lines and shit -.-'

But back to Shae, if she is the one to take her to Littlefinger she will die then. And it's to big of a change. Tyrion will end up being looking for her and that can't happen.

maybe she's both Dantos and Tysha. She takes Dantos place to save Sansa, gets killed by LF. Then after Tyrion kills Tywin, Tywin will have insulted her somehow, called her a whore, say he sent her away, she went where whores go, ect. Then Tyrion can look for her in Essos instead of Tysha, this will also allow the show to continue to white wash Tyrion, because the viewers will never know the truth that he helped rape his 13 year old wife along with 50 soldiers. He'll look like a love sick man looking for her, "where do whores go? "

I don't think they will have Tyrion not kill her since when she does what she does, the entire GOT fanbase will despise her almost a much as Joffrey. I think they'll do it. They're making her lovable, because when she beds Tywin it will be that much more painful, but still truthful, at the end of the day she is a whore, and Tyrion said what he wanted of her, she gave it, she likes him yes, but lots of characters like each other, they still betray one another.

But why would they put her all mad when he was gonna marry Sansa... Nah, in the series they make her too much likable and getting her betray him in that way it seem that is not legit.

Italic lock on for some reason. For me, I see no reason for the show not to able to follow the books regarding the whole Tyrion/Tywin/Shae 'thing'. The show has people convinced Tyrion and Shae are in love, so for it to be discovered that his father of all people takes her to his bed after she betrays Tyrion in Court, viewers will probably be rooting for Tyrion to wring her neck and 'off' Tywin. Especially as the show has already explained what happened with Tysha.

maybe she's both Dantos and Tysha. She takes Dantos place to save Sansa, gets killed by LF. Then after Tyrion kills Tywin, Tywin will have insulted her somehow, called her a whore, say he sent her away, she went where whores go, ect. Then Tyrion can look for her in Essos instead of Tysha, this will also allow the show to continue to white wash Tyrion, because the viewers will never know the truth that he helped rape his 13 year old wife along with 50 soldiers. He'll look like a love sick man looking for her, "where do whores go? "

You're telling me that Tyrion will be searching for someone that we all know is long time dead? And they'll have all that trouble of changing it from the books... For what?

Nah, ain't gonna happen.

Archived