Peter Dinklage - psychological effects of role?

Meraxesfan2

I don't know how to formulate this in a way that makes sense (sorry English is not first language). Rightfully he recieved awards for the role, and in interviews he writes about the importance of saying no to roles that portray little people in stereotypical manners and it is acknowedged the significance of Tyrion's characterisation as contrary to stereotpyes. But I wonder, mustn't it feel awful - even if it is directed towards the character to be called "halfman" "imp", because he himself has achondroplasia? It must be really difficult I wonder how he copes??

• 3 weeks later...

Without going to great lengths, do you remember what he said to Jon in S1?

"Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

And that's how you employ your being different and actually profit from and be rewarded for it.

Without going to great lengths, do you remember what he said to Jon in S1?

"Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

And that's how you employ your being different and actually profit from and be rewarded for it.

This. Dinklage seems like a strong guy, and whilst I'm sure it bothered him as a teenager, he now has more important things to worry about. He's even used his condition to become more successful than most could ever hope to be, the above quote suits him perfectly. Dinklage should be an inspiration to everyone.

Archived