Robert Stanek and his super secret NSA powers!

prone_to_say_stupid_things

No alt, I've been invited to join the forum, so decided to give it a try. This is my first time on a forum except for chats in the Robert Stanek forums some years ago.

I'm going to play this out.

How do you respond to the accusations of Sock-puppet amazon reviews?

Who actually buys your books to make them best sellers? Do you market through he Library system (its the only theory i've come up with)

Do you think picking fights with big name authors will get you publicity? I don't know why you do it.

Why do you not go on tour?

How do you respond to the 'photoshop' incident with Jaques?

I'm filled with questions here.

I'm going to play this out.

How do you respond to the accusations of Sock-puppet amazon reviews?

Who actually buys your books to make them best sellers? Do you market through he Library system (its the only theory i've come up with)

Do you think picking fights with big name authors will get you publicity? I don't know why you do it.

Why do you not go on tour?

How do you respond to the 'photoshop' incident with Jaques?

I'm filled with questions here.

Keep bitching and moaning about perceived slights or imagined things I’ve supposedly done if you want, meanwhile I’ve joined as a member of this forum. Other than my chats at the Robert Stanek forums some years ago, this is the first time I’ve ever joined an Internet forum.

If we have a real discussion on this forum about an author or book we’ve read and are discussing (other than my books) and you and I disagree, then you’ll have a real reason—and not an imagined one—for not liking me.

I expect civility at the least. Your call if you want to keep treating me like a bastard son of a Stark or the Imp, but I do expect the nonsense to end.

For anyone who has actual, non-BS questions about the writing life and being a writer, I’ll be around to answer questions too.

Keep bitching and moaning about perceived slights or imagined things I’ve supposedly done if you want, meanwhile I’ve joined as a member of this forum. Other than my chats at the Robert Stanek forums some years ago, this is the first time I’ve ever joined an Internet forum.

If we have a real discussion on this forum about an author or book we’ve read and are discussing (other than my books) and you and I disagree, then you’ll have a real reason—and not an imagined one—for not liking me.

I expect civility at the least. Your call if you want to keep treating me like a bastard son of a Stark or the Imp, but I do expect the nonsense to end.

For anyone who has actual, non-BS questions about the writing life and being a writer, I’ll be around to answer questions too.

Easy RS. Not trolling. Honestly curious. We have debated these very questions Ad Nauseum, now that we have the source, I'd be remiss not to ask.

Here's an easy one. How do you feel about Howey's success with wool, and it's implications for the Indy market>

Also, these things define you to us. You should address them.

Also, these things define you to us. You should address them.

I could care less whether you do or don't read my work.

I've written 7 books a year on average for the past 20 years. Nearly 10 million people have read my books, which have been published in 34 languages to date.

Writing that many books for that many years is a full-time occupation and then some. I work 7 days a week, typically 80-100 hours a week. How in the world anyone working 80+ hours a week is supposed to be running around writing his own reviews or up to this or that nonsense is beyond me.

You work 80+ hours a week for 20 years and let me know if you have time for anything.

Easy RS. Not trolling. Honestly curious. We have debated these very questions Ad Nauseum, now that we have the source, I'd be remiss not to ask.

Here's an easy one. How do you feel about Howey's success with wool, and it's implications for the Indy market>

Sorry, I've never heard of Wool or Howey. Have you read it? What are your thoughts?

I could care less whether you do or don't read my work.

I've written 7 books a year on average for the past 20 years. Nearly 10 million people have read my books, which have been published in 34 languages to date.

Writing that many books for that many years is a full-time occupation and then some. I work 7 days a week, typically 80-100 hours a week. How in the world anyone working 80+ hours a week is supposed to be running around writing his own reviews or up to this or that nonsense is beyond me.

You work 80+ hours a week for 20 years and let me know if you have time for anything.

Please, the whole reason I picked my job was to have as much time off as I do.

Listen, Fucking Wikipedia made a goddamn rule about you. You don't think that's a bit fishy? I couldn't care any less about how good or bad your writing is (although from what Larry wrote, it's not all that great... saying that, Larry's a bit of a dick). But all the shit that goes on around your person is fucking fascinating.

You want to deny the sockpupping thing, fine. But you have to admit, some of the things that follow you around are a bit... odd.

Sorry, I've never heard of Wool or Howey. Have you read it? What are your thoughts?

I find that odd, as a proponent of the Indy community, I would have thought that would have been on the top of your TBR list.

It's fucking good.. real good. And an example of how quality can transcend publishing rules.

Please, the whole reason I picked my job was to have as much time off as I do.

Listen, Fucking Wikipedia made a goddamn rule about you. You don't think that's a bit fishy? I couldn't care any less about how good or bad your writing is (although from what Larry wrote, it's not all that great... saying that, Larry's a bit of a dick). But all the shit that goes on around your person is fucking fascinating.

You want to deny the sockpupping thing, fine. But you have to admit, some of the things that follow you around are a bit... odd.

Pretty odd? Downright f*ing weird I'd say.

Damn, that's 14 more languages than any of the books in ASOIAF! What do the Sri Lankians think of your work?

Thank you! I don't know really. The international non-English language market is very different from the English language market. My fiction books are primarily written for children and young adults.

These are the questions bound to be asked, you couldn't have honestly believed that no one would ask them. Peter was civil in the asking, and I for one promise to also be civil. Asking questions you might not want to answer in not discourteous, especially when those questions have been a matter of some speculation for years. You have claimed that you have been unfairly treated, a victim of a smear campaign, and here you have an opportunity to get your side of the story out. The questions will be asked; you can answer them, or you can evade them, but only one of those options will give you any chance to change our minds.

I find that odd, as a proponent of the Indy community, I would have thought that would have been on the top of your TBR list.

It's fucking good.. real good. And an example of how quality can transcend publishing rules.

The Indy community is pretty damn huge. In the last few years, a few million indies came out with books.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll take a look at Wool and put on my reading list.

Thank you! I don't know really. The international non-English language market is very different from the English language market. My fiction books are primarily written for children and young adults.

You seem to especially popular in Indonesia right now according to your Facebook page. Are your books translated in Indonesian too?

Archived