Arya's character complexity and her future.

repbypop

Arya is the most complex and interesting character or she is to me.Well if we can name this game the survival of the fittest then she is certainly the fittest of all the characters.She is constantly teaching herself somethings she learns new things with each advanture.She knows different languages for example.She fits in everyplace she goes.She very cleverly disguised herself and if I may add even Lord Bolton couldn't recognize her.She never complains about her difficulties she always tries to find a way to make things better, the best example for this is her incident with Jaqen.She is still a good hearted kid she tried saving that girl when Lannisters attacked, she mourns for a butchers son whom she didn't know more then a week.She has a very sharp instict about justice and revenge.She is my favourite character.

I agree, Arya has had to go through hell since she left Winterfell and yet she survived. She can think on her feet and I think that is what has kept her alive. I'm very interested to see what GRRM has in store for her and I really hope she will be reunited with Jon - she deserves some happiness.

I see the character as a female version of Jaime Lannister, growing up with the realization that honor may not mean much in the world they live in.

Just like Jaime, Arya is a bit of a cynic and, just like Jaime, she desperately wants to believe in something bigger than herself. Because she's a woman, she can't join the Kingsguard so she joins the Faceles men instead.

Arya is the most complex and interesting character or she is to me.Well if we can name this game the survival of the fittest then she is certainly the fittest of all the characters.She is constantly teaching herself somethings she learns new things with each advanture.She knows different languages for example.She fits in everyplace she goes.She very cleverly disguised herself and if I may add even Lord Bolton couldn't recognize her.She never complains about her difficulties she always tries to find a way to make things better, the best example for this is her incident with Jaqen.She is still a good hearted kid she tried saving that girl when Lannisters attacked, she mourns for a butchers son whom she didn't know more then a week.She has a very sharp instict about justice and revenge.She is my favourite character.

Arya is adaptable and resilient in a way even some of the adult characters aren't. What would've broken Jaime, Catelyn, The Hound, Osha or Victarion by now, Arya endures almost as if she didn't know life was supposed to be better.

She doesn't lose her sense of wonder, her joy of life or the natural curiosity of a child despite what she has seen.

And no matter how many times they have butchered her trust, she still develops attachments: to Gendry and The Hound, the fisherman's daughters, to the old girl and the Kindly Man, etc.

There's still hope for her, which is amazing considering what she has been through.

She doesn't have to leave the faceless men. She can go to Westeros on FM business and still affect the story. I personally think that she ends up killing the Freys by lighting the Twins on fire as part of her FM duties.

I like this scenario, but I see arya leaving the faceless men once shes learned everything she needs to know, while arya is learning to kill easier and easier, she hasn't forgotten who she is, she's arya Stark!, daughter of honorable ned stark and sister to the king in the north robb stark, she knows what happened to her father and brother and she will get revenge, she's from the north and the north remembers

Arya was a favorite character from AGOT but her lengthy travelogue through the middle books was mostly boring for me. The HOB&W storyline has been better but still not riveting.

I don't think she's a sociopath as she does feel guilt on occasion for her killings. But she has learned to see human life from the Hound's perspective, free of sentimentality. Beneath social construct and taboo, humans are easy to kill, and violence can provide immediate benefit. Maybe that's just as dangerous as being a sociopath. :shrug:

I can see her either leaving the FM or going rogue after completing her training. I have a hard time seeing a "happy" ending for her. I would like to see her exact some sweet revenge, but apart from that I think she's as fundamentally wounded as Sandor.

Archived