Where does Winds of Winter take us?

Stark Fan

Hi everyone, new to the forum, having read all the current novels of A song of ice and fire, well it took some time but along the way I lost a little interest then the last Novel I was back wanting more!! Anyway just wanted to put it out there what will come from our loved and not so loved character?

Personally my favourite storyline has to be Jon Snow and his appointment as Lord Commander of the Night Watch, and his assassination attempt on his life! I personally do not think he will die of his wounds, I believe Tormund and his wildlings will intervene and save his life with the help of Melisandre,, I hope to he does not bring him back like Catelyn, as I found it most disappointing, death was so more shocking!!,

Not sure how Daenaerys will find her way back to Westeros? I am guessing it will involve Victarion, who I find a very formidable character! I suppose it is possible she may not even get back at all!! Tyrion I feel has a huge part to play in the Game of Thrones, it is my guess he may broker some deal to prevent the Lannisters being totally wiped out , I cannot see his becoming the Ruler of the seven kingdoms, but you never know, Stannis is on a mission but I feel Lightbringer will be his downfall in some bizarre way, as it is more a trick of the eye!!

I myself hope to see some major villians downfall, such as Lord Frey, and the infamous Boltons, not too mention Cersei, so much too look forward too, I cannot wait (but I will have too!!). Please excuse any speeling errors, I don't profess to know the novels inside out but I do enjoy the story a lot!

PS Arya and Bran also have interesting plots!!

I personally think a bunch of bad things will happen in this next book, to both the characters we love and the characters we love to hate.

This is the part where the Walkers show up and force the issue, making people realize that their petty squabbles against mere humans were pointless. Those that aren't massacred in this upcoming book will come together to fight off the threat, but of course Mr. Martin won't conduct this sort of team effort without a few back-stabbings and betrayals.

I think we'll see Bran and Arya's power begin to establish some roots (bad term for Bran's situation to be honest, ha!), yet I don't think we'll see the full extent of their powers until A Dream of Spring.

This next book is going to be one bloody affair. You thought you cried at the first book, or during the RW...you aint seen nothing yet.

Do I have a guess as to who will survive and who's not going to make it much further? Well, of course I do! And to be honest I'm not very happy about a few predictions, although I'm drooling at the mouth over others.

Yes I see blood on all sides although I do believe (or hope) the Starks are on the up!! Can't wait to see how the Others will influence the story ? Could they find the fabled Horn and take the Wall down?? It's going get messy indeed

With winter coming I think Dany is probably as safe as anyone right now, far away from the North. Which is a shame, because her dragons are probably exactly what is needed to counteract the cold of the White Walkers and at some point she needs to come back to Westeros. Though in the first book while losing her son she has (what I assume is) a prophetic dream in which she is called 'the last dragon', so I'm not too sure she will come out of the next book alive.

Tyrion is one of my favourite characters, so I hope he's getting back into the thick of things soon. I can't see him as ruler either - he's much more fun plotting and being witty behind the scenes, rather than being a serious king. He was obsessed with dragons as a kid, so I think he's going to have to team up with Dany to teach her a bit more control - that's if Dany can gain control of Drogon and get away from the Dothraki before being totally given up for dead by everyone.

Even if Jon does survive his assassination attempt (and Melisandre seems like a much more powerful red priest than the one who brought back Catelyn), he's got one hell of a horrible time ahead - winter is coming and so are the white walkers, though maybe the Night's Watch will finally stop arguing about the wildings and who gets to live in which abandoned castle! I got bored with Jon about half way through the series, so I'm hoping if he is alive his story gets a bit more meaty.

The most interesting thing is when the Prince that was Promised will appear, with his magic sword - maybe Dany will be the last dragon because it's her blood that is used to temper the new lightbringer? I'm also intrigued as to what role Theon has to play, now he's got away from the Boltons (for now). It would be a shame for him to have escaped only to freeze to death in the snow! I also can't wait to see Cersei's response to being sent back to Casterly Rock - without her precious son!

Whatever happens, as Steve Stark says, I'm sure it's going to be a rather deadly affair! And no doubt it's going to be impossible to even begin to guess at what Martin has in store for us!

Yeah I agree with you fang on most points, except with Cersei, I think the unfortunate turn of events with Kevan, has changed her outcome, and as Varys said he(Kevan) was undoing all Cersei's good work!! Where will Dorne come into this? My guess is they will ally with either Aegon or Daenaerys! Tyrian will end up back in Westeros and I have a funny feeling he will decide Cersei's fate, not sure where Jaime will end up, he is an interesting character, hated firstly now I find him likeable and humane to a degree! I agree Theon must have a role and I'm guessing it will be with Victarion or Euron !

So many possible events and theories that may or may not happen.

My guess is that

1 Dorne will side with fAegon and take kingslanding for the mean time and declare him king.

2 Stannis will defeat the boltons and rally the northen lords with the help of davos and rickon.

3 Jon is still alive or ressurected by mel but the chaos will mean the whitwalkers storming the wall from the north but also from the east from hardholme via east watch.

4 everyone in the north will head for whiteharbour to escape the whitewalkers by sea leaving no resistance to their invasion. Also leaving the freys to defend the realm. hopefully they will all die.

Basically the whitewalkers will be in control of the north and marching south with everyone panicing. Dont think dany will appear until its almost too late and when she is needed to save the realm rather than taking it by force.

So many possible events and theories that may or may not happen.

My guess is that

1 Dorne will side with fAegon and take kingslanding for the mean time and declare him king.

2 Stannis will defeat the boltons and rally the northen lords with the help of davos and rickon.

3 Jon is still alive or ressurected by mel but the chaos will mean the whitwalkers storming the wall from the north but also from the east from hardholme via east watch.

4 everyone in the north will head for whiteharbour to escape the whitewalkers by sea leaving no resistance to their invasion. Also leaving the freys to defend the realm. hopefully they will all die.

Basically the whitewalkers will be in control of the north and marching south with everyone panicing. Dont think dany will appear until its almost too late and when she is needed to save the realm rather than taking it by force.

Except that by that time, the dragons might be more of a problem than a solution.

As it is, they are already nearly uncontrollable. Yes, Daenerys will keep control of Drogon but I have my doubts about the other two. (Also, it would be too easy and plainly a disappointing an anticlimatic end for her to just fly over and burn every Other to ashes... then just take the Iron Throne perhaps because she has nothing else to do today and no one in his right mind would resist that anyway).

You like Victarion? Oh gods. You should be liking Cersei then, a way more interesting (evil) character than Victarion. If you want my predictions: Victarion will die pretty soon (luckily) and Cersei will live to the end, outliving most of the main characters, while being awesome.

Except that by that time, the dragons might be more of a problem than a solution.

As it is, they are already nearly uncontrollable. Yes, Daenerys will keep control of Drogon but I have my doubts about the other two. (Also, it would be too easy and plainly a disappointing an anticlimatic end for her to just fly over and burn every Other to ashes... then just take the Iron Throne perhaps because she has nothing else to do today and no one in his right mind would resist that anyway).

That Rhaegal and Viseryon aren't controllable doesn't matter that much, cause the wights are just dead meat which can be roasted and eaten

• 4 weeks later...

Archived