Tyrion vs Victarion is inevitable in TWOW

Team_Rob

I want Vic to succeed because Dany should have done in Meereen what she did in Astapor, no more harpy bitches! but she didn't.

Ya, at times it seems downright inconsistent to me, but if you think about it I believe GRRM is showing Dany making 1 good move then 1 bad move throughout the slavers bay storyline as a way to show her learning. She sacked Astapor, then "couldn't" tell the newly freed people that they couldn't follow her. She cleverly defeated the army from Yunkai, only to not sack the city and again let the newly freed slaves follow her, then Mereen is just these mistakes catching up to her. She hasn't/ hadn't learned the concept of the lesser of 2 evils. I think when she leaves slavers bay/ the dothraki sea she will be a much harder person ready to accept a non perfect solution that is still the best solution.

She hasn't/ hadn't learned the concept of the lesser of 2 evils. I think when she leaves slavers bay/ the dothraki sea she will be a much harder person ready to accept a non perfect solution that is still the best solution.

Mass murder is the lesser of two evils? :shocked:

Mass murder is the lesser of two evils? :shocked:

Yes... it would have been in those circumstances. Killing the rich slavers from Yunkai and Mereen would have been the end of the violence. Instead virtually all of Astapor is dead, all of the slavers from Yunkai and Mereen are going to die eventually anyway, way more soldiers, way more freed slaves, way more people in general are going to/ have already died because she did not kill a few people. Killing a few people so more can live is pretty much the definition of the lesser of 2 evils.

Yes... it would have been in those circumstances. Killing the rich slavers from Yunkai and Mereen would have been the end of the violence.

lol

Apart from the obvious irony, leaving behind a power vacuum like that with a population of newly freed slaves of various career paths can only result in decades of civil war and coups. Astapor wasn't exactly a paradise on Earth before Yunkai invaded them, they had alredy been through three governments since Dany did her thing.

The lesser of two evils would have been to leave the Slavers alone in the first place.

lol

Apart from the obvious irony, leaving behind a power vacuum like that with a population of newly freed slaves of various career paths can only result in decades of civil war and coups. Astapor wasn't exactly a paradise on Earth before Yunkai invaded them, they had alredy been through three governments since Dany did her thing.

The lesser of two evils would have been to leave the Slavers alone in the first place.

So now the slaughter and torture of all the slaves by the slavers is just fine? I never said leaving a doctor in charge of a city without ensuring he had any authority was a smart move, but leaving evil people to slaughter and torture others is not the lesser of 2 evils. Killing the leaders of the slavers and using their wealth to get the former slaves on their feet could have worked if done properly, it has been done before in real human history.

So now the slaughter and torture of all the slaves by the slavers is just fine? I never said leaving a doctor in charge of a city without ensuring he had any authority was a smart move, but leaving evil people to slaughter and torture others is not the lesser of 2 evils. Killing the leaders of the slavers and using their wealth to get the former slaves on their feet could have worked if done properly, it has been done before in real human history.

The slaves were not all being "slaughtered and tortured", the vast majority of them were leading lives probably equal to the Westerosi smallfolk and certainly the ones such as Missandei with special skills designed to serve the nobles would be living far more luxurious lives in the Pyramids then they ever would normally. The Unsullied might have a rough go of it, but by and large the butchers and bakers, the candlestick makers, the bricklayers and blacksmiths, the tailors and scribes are in pretty much the same situation as Gendry was in AGOT. That's the reality of slavery outside of the moral issue.

Leave the Slaver cities alone and a small percentage of slaves are tortured, while everybody else lives. Attack the Slaver cities and try to force a cultural revolution and (as shown in the books) everybody suffers and slaves and slavers alike die.

The lesser of two evils . . .

Summary mass execution of an entire demographic will never end violence, it will only extend it by breeding resentment.

I find it intriging that at this late date that anyone would doubt that tyrion is anything other that one of the dragon heads. First let me remind the class that when the windblown attacked the dragons one of the arrows pierced Viserion's neck and the blood that flowed was red and gold those are lannister colors. We saw that Dragon's blood was black. That there was no red mixed into it. That's because dany is a pure breed Targ. While the other two heads are mixed breeds whether the other riders be Tyrion, Jon or Aegon the blood would all be mixed. The dragonhorn was used for those Targs that don't have the warging gene. Remember when Irri is eating dany out on the ship? Well when Dany had her climax so did one of her dragons. Then when Drogon is attacked and his neck is pierced with that spear he and dany screamed at the sametime. SHe arched her neck and screamed. Then there is the horn itself it's made of red gold. More lannister colors. IT's tyrion that afirst realizes that that iron fleet has turned up in Slavers bay. I don't get the feeling that Ben Plum is going to be around much longer. I have the feeling that Tyion is going to bring about his downfall. After the battle for mereen Tyrion is going to make a bid for power over the Second Son expecially is he gets his hands on the horn and helps bring the dragon's to heel. Remember what Morroq said to Vic on the way to Mereen he tells him that his dragon awaited him in Mereen. He's talking about Tyrion. Who is related to the old dragon(aerys or bloodraven) he's brother to the young dragon (dany), he's helped the false dragon (aegon) while naming the true dragon (jon)his friend. Dany isn't going to have enough time to get back to slaver's bay. Tyrion is going to make common cause with the Volantis fleet and use them and all the other free companies that wish to join his to go to Volantis. These are the tigers that follow the Iron fleet with Tyrion's help he's going to get the tigers back into place. Around this time is when Tyrion is going to betray Vic and seize the iron fleet. That's when he's going to head to Pentos to pay some more debts. Where he learns that the Fat Man and Littlefinger have been working together all this time and that Sansa is in the Vale. Their marriage have been put aside she is set to marry harry the heir. At this point Sweet Robin is still alive. Tyrion is going to head to the vale for his virgin bride, to end the line of Arryan both major and junior branches. He is his father's son after all. He knows the drill dead fathers and son wield no future swords. This time sansa isn't let off the hook so easy and Tyrion rapes her. Through sansa being in the vale the woodwitches dream comes true. Sansa does slay a savage giant in the snow because Tyrion being a giant in dwarf clothing will kill sweet robing and littlefinger.

Archived