Varys stole tyrek (more evidence)

Tommen Beetsbane

*circumstantial*

this is a convo between tyrion and varys following the riot of KL*

Bronn complained of the gloom when he arrived, and insisted on a fire in the hearth. It was blazing by the time Varys made his appearance. "Where have you been?" Tyrion demanded.

"About the king's business, my sweet lord."

"Ah, yes, the king," Tyrion muttered. "My nephew is not fit to sit a privy, let alone the Iron Throne."

Varys shrugged. "An apprentice must be taught his trade."

Sounds like he's talking about kidnapping tyrek and getting aegon ready for the throne. if tyrek inherits the west and gets the west behind aegon, aegon has more support.when he says kings buisness, he can't mean joffery or he would've been out and about the red keep, so it has to be aegon. How can it be aegon? look at the events before this, the riot. It is widely believed that varys started the riot to get tyrek,he's going about the kings business. There isn't anything else going on around this time that can help aegon but tyrek, and yes varys is a long term schemer but i'm sure that others schemes could've waited. A riot is a big deal, it would be noticable if he wasn't there. yes it is very difficult to decrypt varys vague comments, but GRRM gives us hints and nods at what they mean

*edited for clarity*

Is he just commenting on the fact that no-one from Tyrion's family has bothered to teach Joffrey anything. ie don't blame him blame yourselves. It could be an oblique reference to how he is teaching Aegon, but can only be seen if you already know that. Can't see Tyrek at all.

I really don't see how that conversation can be deduced to have anything to do with Tyrek. Varys' comments are pretty vague and might be a nod to Aegon, but Tyrek? It sounds like you already reached the conclusion that Varys had kidnapped Tyrek by other means are fitting this vague conversation to that conclusion to me.

I really don't see how that conversation can be deduced to have anything to do with Tyrek. Varys' comments are pretty vague and might be a nod to Aegon, but Tyrek? It sounds like you already reached the conclusion that Varys had kidnapped Tyrek by other means are fitting this vague conversation to that conclusion to me.

when he says kings buisness, he can't mean joffery or he would've been out and about the red keep, so it has to be aegon. How can it be aegon? look at the events before this, the riot. It is widely believed that varys started the riot to get tyrek,he's going about the kings business. There isn't anything else going on around this time that can help aegon but tyrek, and yes varys is a long term schemer but i'm sure that others schemes could've waited. A riot is a big dealyes it is very difficult to decrypt varys vague comments, but GRRM gives us hints and nods at what they mean

The "King's business" could be acquiring a new asset/ally for King Aegon. Having Tyrek as an Aegon supporter would help to unify the Westerlands behind Aegon. No other Lannister is going to back Aegon at this point.

I did not know this theory and it seems interesting.

However it does not seem likely that Varys, being so careful, could provide clues to the Hand of the King, uncle of the king, that he is planning a coup, no matter what vague are the clues.

KL is also riddled with spies, and Varys will not trust that he is the only source of information of Tyrion. Varys can not rely on hearing all the talks.

'the king's business' could mean a lot of things. It could possibly be about tyrek, it could be about 'various varys' schemes or plots also. But, to say this is evidence of varys stealing tyrek is a stretch. And, Various Varys sounds like a bond villain, or a Austin powers one.

I think his name is chosen to echo Latin Varius which means variegated or changeable, chameleon...

OK, I agree that if you assume he's taken Tyrek, then that exchange is easily interpreted as a smart-arse 'about the [real] king's business [of taking Tyrek]' but it doesn't actually in itself lend any weight to his having taken Tyrek. It could fit other scenarios.

I'm also not sure how the whole business of grooming Tyrek to be your stooge Lannister heir would work. At some point, he may be in a position to shake you off.

I think his name is chosen to echo Latin Varius which means variegated or changeable, chameleon...

OK, I agree that if you assume he's taken Tyrek, then that exchange is easily interpreted as a smart-arse 'about the [real] king's business [of taking Tyrek]' but it doesn't actually in itself lend any weight to his having taken Tyrek. It could fit other scenarios.

I'm also not sure how the whole business of grooming Tyrek to be your stooge Lannister heir would work. At some point, he may be in a position to shake you off.

yes, jeyne pool could've said no at the wedding, theon could've created havoc for bolton by admitting this, yes he could shake of varys but terror has a funny way of getting ppl to do what you want. everyone does it. even dany crucified 162 or something slavers

yes, jeyne pool could've said no at the wedding, theon could've created havoc for bolton by admitting this, yes he could shake of varys but terror has a funny way of getting ppl to do what you want. everyone does it. even dany crucified 162 or something slavers

If he has reason to be afraid then Tyrek would not likely be made into a very able student if that is the Spider's ultimate plan. Varys, by all accounts, is not the Ramsay like character that will strip the flesh off you piece by piece as it mortifies.

i presume he'd go along with it, but at some point he'd actually be in control of the westerland forces. unless they hide him away and have him appear only to sign fabulous mineral rights deals with illyrio i suppose.

its the same with aegon. if he thinks he's a targ, i think he won't be that grateful to his supporters, because he thinks its his due. are they going to disillusion him if he gets uppity?

Archived