Do you think Westeros will be split in the end?

Shah

This is how I see it: the Others are eventually defeated but the wall falls in the process. The wildlings join the other kingdoms of Westeros and in the end there will be three kingdoms. Jon as king of the wildlings, some Stark as king (or queen) in the North (Rickon or Sansa) and a character of your choosing in Kings Landing ruling the South.

I see either Jon being King of a United Westeros or

King Rickon Stark, King of the North, Vale, Riverlands, and Beyond the Wall. Of all of the Kings at the end he will be the most powerful.

King Theon Greyjoy, King of the Iron Islands and the Westerlands.

Queen Shireen Baratheon, Queen of the Stormlands, Crownlands, Reach, and Dorne.

I can't see a Stark bending a knee to any King after DwD, maybe the Kingdom will be split in two. King (or Queen) of the North and King (or Queen) of the South.

I don't think the Starks will have to bend the knee to anyone at the end of the story. I think it most likely that Jon and/or Sansa will rule by then.

To this end, I found what I believe to be foreshadowing of a future, ruling Stark dynasty in my Emeralds thread.

I believe wholeheartedly the Kingdom will be divided into two - four kingdoms. The independence of the North, which may or may not include the Wildlings territory, is all but guaranteed. The Wildlings are not kneebenders, though with the right compromise might join a political entity which would give them lots of freedom. The North proper has always had an independent streak and intense distrust of the South. They now even have their martyrs and are probably religious about the Starks. The recent insults added to injury (and death) probably would seal the deal, I also suspect that Dorne will go its own way--like the North it's very different from the middle, especially ethnically. They have different laws and attitudes, so they would probably incline to independence. Will the center hold? I think so, other than the Riverlands possibly joining the North. My guess is that's the way the kingdom crumbles.

Sometimes I feel like it should be split up, considering the 3 bloody civil wars of the past 100+ years. But splitting it up would just hack the "civil" part off the wars. They'd still fight each other, and more frequently, as it was before the Conquest.

I think unification is probably a better idea, but maybe without a monarch. I posted in a similar thread to this that a Council consisting of the Lords/Ladies of the Great Houses (whoever the legal head of the House may be) either ruling outright or choosing a monarch from amongst themselves is ideal. However, I would allow the Iron Islands their independence so long as they did not attack the 7K or its allies. If they did, total annihilation of the Iron Islands nobility and the fleet.

I believe wholeheartedly the Kingdom will be divided into two - four kingdoms. The independence of the North, which may or may not include the Wildlings territory, is all but guaranteed. The Wildlings are not kneebenders, though with the right compromise might join a political entity which would give them lots of freedom. The North proper has always had an independent streak and intense distrust of the South. They now even have their martyrs and are probably religious about the Starks. The recent insults added to injury (and death) probably would seal the deal, I also suspect that Dorne will go its own way--like the North it's very different from the middle, especially ethnically. They have different laws and attitudes, so they would probably incline to independence. Will the center hold? I think so, other than the Riverlands possibly joining the North. My guess is that's the way the kingdom crumbles.

The solution here is to make House Stark the ruling dynasty of Westeros. That would be an idea that the Northerners could get behind, I'd think.

I think so

The North would obviously be a Stark I dont know which one.

I could see the south going to Aegon or Dany depending on what happens.

I doubt Shireen will live by the end of the book, a dragon eating her means Aegon or Dany will kill her.

Archived