The River Lords

Kevvy

I think that for pretty much the rest of the series the river lands will be disputed territory.

- I do think that the BWB are going to if not already infiltrated and taken control of the Twins but no one will know about it for a really long time because they killed everyone in the castle and made sure no one would spread the news.

- the Sansa/Littlefinger alliance are probably going to at least initially try to get the Riverlords to fight for them and the Vale and it's probably going to work at least partially.

- After the GNC has run it's course and either Jon or Rickon are king of the north they are probably going to be far to busy dealing with Others to bother with the Riverlands.

- At first it'l probably just be the Lannisters who oppose the Sansa/littlefinger duo but I bet Dany and Aegon are going to get in on the action and make it a four way war.

- The Others come. I think the Others are probably going to make it as far as the River lands and then the second battle of dawn is going to happen.

I think that for pretty much the rest of the series the river lands will be disputed territory.

- I do think that the BWB are going to if not already infiltrated and taken control of the Twins but no one will know about it for a really long time because they killed everyone in the castle and made sure no one would spread the news.

- the Sansa/Littlefinger alliance are probably going to at least initially try to get the Riverlords to fight for them and the Vale and it's probably going to work at least partially.

- After the GNC has run it's course and either Jon or Rickon are king of the north they are probably going to be far to busy dealing with Others to bother with the Riverlands.

- At first it'l probably just be the Lannisters who oppose the Sansa/littlefinger duo but I bet Dany and Aegon are going to get in on the action and make it a four way war.

- The Others come. I think the Others are probably going to make it as far as the River lands and then the second battle of dawn is going to happen.

Dany has envisioned herself at the Trident and dreamed of herself in Rhaegar's armor. Could be her visions and dreams come true, although rather than black metal armor, Dany will "wear" the black scales of Drogon.

The RiverLords have rarely been United in one cause. They are a bunch of individuals who briefly joined one cause because they were being attacked and given no choice.

In the drunken meeting before Robb was crowned the few River nobles who were there were conflicted offering to side with Stannis and Renly before being shouted down by the Northern majority.

Like in most Westeros conflicts they will be split into the various factions, but the latest War cost them quite a bit so I wouldn't be surprised if many would rather have the current peace they have now rather than have the Trident be the DMZ of Westeros.

While I don't think it will happen, I'd love to see Brynden Tully, Jon Umber, and Tytos Blackwood fight a guerrilla war in the Riverlands until the "Black Wolf" is ready to bring his army of Skaagosi and Bog Devils to war.

In that scenario, I assume the Manderlys will handle most of the heavy lifting in the North.

Given that just like half the Northern houses, Roverlords lost too many kinsmen at RW to easily forget it. So, whoever brings them vengeance and justice, they will follow their lead... At the time, I think that closest they have is Stark claimant, and, TBH, at the end, I see Sansa ruling the Riverlands from Harrenhal. I know it's a crackpot idea, but the one I am very much invested.

Agreed on the vengeance and justice theme. If the Riverlords saw a chance to remove Lannister / Frey domination I think they would take it. Though for their own sake I hope that they wait for the right opportunity.

Sansa in Harrenhal isn't a particularly crackpot idea. The Stark kids have a Whent for a grandmother don't they? One of them could end up with Harrenhal, why not Sansa?

I really want to hear more from Seaguard and the Mallisters. Although Black Walder currently rules the castle, he can't have too many men with the Frey forces in the North and recently aiding the siege at Riverrun. With Seaguard untouched the Mallisters are prisoners in a castle full of loyal men. It shouldn't really take long for someone to spring them and black walder to do a runner. It would be great because Jason is a badass and Patrek is one of the few (only?) members of Robb's guard still standing.

• 7 months later...

They'll follow whoever can promise them vengeance and has the forces to back up that promise. Primarily Starks or Tullys (including Sweetrobin), but in a pinch anybody will do. Stannis would be the best of the rest, especially if he aligns with the Northmen.

And the Riverlords have still a sizeable contingent of men! They didn't go to the Twins with their armies like the Northmen did, but only with small guards of honor. Could be less than 500 men they lost. So, at least 11,000, maybe up to 30,000 men are up for grabs.

Actaully, I see that as Aegon, you know, the guy close enough to make that happened.

Maybe, unless the Lannisters killed most of them, note, Tywin did kill alot of smallfolk.

Archived