If Quentyn is alive, what will he do in the WoW?

Dany Equals Big Bad

Hey everyone, first time posting.

Ok, I was a little annoyed at Quentyn's death in book 5 so i subscribe to the theory that he will somehow come back. Either via body switch or resurection by a red Priest, probably Moqorro. This is mostly because I would like to believe George was not wasting 200 pages on a character that was just going to burn to death, even if it will likely cause Dorne to stop backing Dany.

But does anyone have ideas as to what kind of role Quentyn would have if he survived?

Wait, do you subscribe to such "theory" based on being annoyed by his death? No prophecy, no foreshadowing, no hints? Just your own annoyement? :shocked:

It's strange to me when everyone acts like the Quentyn chapters accomplished nothing, I even see posts of people claiming to have only skimmed them and were so bored they didn't really pay attention.

His chapters fleshed out how deep the Varys/Illyrio plot was, and gave many details that were otherwise unknown.

It shared a fair amount of geographical knowledge of Essos, in terms of travelling between areas, and in turn shared a fair amount of the history. (The demon road, etc)

It gave a good amount of insight into the Windblown and gave interaction with the Tattered Prince, who could very well end up being pretty important very soon.

He gave us one of the very few and probably most interesting dragon interactions in the book, and showed a bit of their nature, how they react to humans, how they were more curious than violent until they got shot at, etc...

And last but not least, his actions released the damn dragons, which caused a whole lot of chaos and is going to have incredibly serious implications throughout the rest of the series.

All that being said, he's dead as hell, and his chapters accomplished plenty and moved a good amount of plots forward, even if it didn't seem like it.

He's dead.

I think his death will push Doran and Dorne toward Aegon. After his son got roasted by Dany's dragon (even though it was his own stupid fault) Doran won't think very highly of Dany.

That depends on how he gets the news. Let's say that only Drink returns with Quentyn's bones. He will likely blame Daenerys, and Doran will have no other account of his death. Above all, it will probably anger him that she did not honor the marriage pact.

Hey everyone, first time posting.

Ok, I was a little annoyed at Quentyn's death in book 5 so i subscribe to the theory that he will somehow come back. Either via body switch or resurection by a red Priest, probably Moqorro. This is mostly because I would like to believe George was not wasting 200 pages on a character that was just going to burn to death, even if it will likely cause Dorne to stop backing Dany.

But does anyone have ideas as to what kind of role Quentyn would have if he survived?

well he "wasted" an entire book on a character that was just going to be beheaded

Archived