Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

As people stated before me, I think the reason Arianne's not on the casting call is for the fact that they're not holding auditions for her. The producers most likely has someone in mind for the role, and may already be cast. Same for the Greyjoy brothers. For such big roles they probably have a bunch of actors in mind, whom they give offers to. Just look at Ciarán Hinds or Diana Rigg in season 3. No way they actually auditioned for their roles.

Also, with so many new characters this season, I could see them do what they did in season 3. Namely, reveal a big lot of the new actors during Comic Con. People expected the same to happen for season 4, but there really wasn't that many new characters this season. So I predict we'll get a lot of casting reveals during Comic Con in August.

The fact she is missing from the list is not the reason we think she got cut. There's a lot of little bits of evidence alongside it that together amount to being rather disturbing.

Also, I can see how they have actors in mind for the Greyjoys (them being rather straightforward, extreme characters) but Arianne is not like that. Certainly not more so than Doran, for instance.

As people stated before me, I think the reason Arianne's not on the casting call is for the fact that they're not holding auditions for her. The producers most likely has someone in mind for the role, and may already be cast. Same for the Greyjoy brothers. For such big roles they probably have a bunch of actors in mind, whom they give offers to. Just look at Ciarán Hinds or Diana Rigg in season 3. No way they actually auditioned for their roles.

Also, with so many new characters this season, I could see them do what they did in season 3. Namely, reveal a big lot of the new actors during Comic Con. People expected the same to happen for season 4, but there really wasn't that many new characters this season. So I predict we'll get a lot of casting reveals during Comic Con in August.

I agree. I also think they had them in mind for awhile. Who knows, the original plan may have been to add them into season 4 but decided to wait until 5. So So they may already have the other POVs in mind. I cant see them cutting any POVs

The fact she is missing from the list is not the reason we think she got cut. There's a lot of little bits of evidence alongside it that together amount to being rather disturbing.

Also, I can see how they have actors in mind for the Greyjoys (them being rather straightforward, extreme characters) but Arianne is not like that. Certainly not more so than Doran, for instance.

I'd say that the it would be more the importance of the characters that would decide if they've already been cast. And while Doran is important it's Arianne who is the protagonist of Dorne truly. So while I'm skeptical it may still be the case that they already have someone in mind or even already cast.

Arianne is a pawn, Doran is Dorne.

And yet it's usually the pawns who are the protagonists of ASOIAF. Arianne is the central character of Dorne, Doran is mostly inscrutable.

And yet it's usually the pawns who are the protagonists of ASOIAF. Arianne is the central character of Dorne, Doran is mostly inscrutable.

The point being that Arianne can be replaced, which she has been. Doran cannot be. That is why he is the new big player.

I should have auditioned. My thick accent is real, at least =(

You should give it a try, you have nothing to loose.

But you have to have the right look. Don't make the same mistake as i did, i've prepared a month to self tape myself and they haven't seen it, i guess i didn't have the right look.

So just send a nice clear headshot (not necesserly a professionnal one but a clear one, neutral background) and a resume (if you are an actor or a drama school student) and cross your fingers they call you in to read;)

Goodluck!

For what, if I may ask?

I think auditions are still happening for most roles

You should give it a try, you have nothing to loose.

But you have to have the right look. Don't make the same mistake as i did, i've prepared a month to self tape myself and they haven't seen it, i guess i didn't have the right look.

So just send a nice clear headshot (not necesserly a professionnal one but a clear one, neutral background) and a resume (if you are an actor or a drama school student) and cross your fingers they call you in to read;)

Goodluck!

Anything Dornish, I'm latina with italian/chinese ancestry. Sadly, I'm out of shape now. Otherwise, I would send my tape like right now.

The problem with the actresses in the Obara and Tyene auditions is that they don't seem to know what accent they're doing. They're both American and are making a "vaguely foreign" accent and/or a bad imitation of Pascal's Oberyn. Pascal on the other hand is doing a pretty defined accent, as he admitted in one interview its based on how his father speaks English.

Now Pedro Pascal normally has an American accent and Indira Varma a British one, but the point is that they CAN make the required Dornish voice and make it sound like a real consistent speaking pattern. Whoever they hire for season 5 ought to be capable of the same.

Anything Dornish, I'm latina with italian/chinese ancestry. Sadly, I'm out of shape now. Otherwise, I would send my tape like right now.

You might be surprised, they might have small parts to cast, they can put you in their files, you never know, you are your own limit, be brave!

The problem with the actresses in the Obara and Tyene auditions is that they don't seem to know what accent they're doing. They're both American and are making a "vaguely foreign" accent and/or a bad imitation of Pascal's Oberyn. Pascal on the other hand is doing a pretty defined accent, as he admitted in one interview its based on how his father speaks English.

His father is from Chile. Chilean accent is one of the THICKEST accent in Latin American, really. Last year, the trailer of a Chilean movie was shown in our theaters, in Perú, and people was joking that we would need the movie to be dubbed to "Understandable Spanish" because they talk fast and mix the words. I can't understand them, it's like they're talking another language.

I havent' seen the Obara one but accent is definitely a very important part of the characters to make us believe they are from South, North or wherever else.

I've heard the same about Pedro Pascal, that's probably why the breakdown said "Hispanic" talking about the origin of the actors for Martell family.

I am pretty sur we'll have unknown actors and actresses from Spain or with Hispanic heritage. I am from mediterranean heritage and submitted for any Martell or Dornish and my audition was never been seen, definitely because i didn't have the right look.

His father is from Chile. Chilean accent is one of the THICKEST accent in Latin American, really. Last year, the trailer of a Chilean movie was shown in our theaters, in Perú, and people was joking that we would need the movie to be dubbed to "Understandable Spanish" because they talk fast and mix the words. I can't understand them, it's like they're talking another language.

That's amazing, thanks for sharing, i didn't know it was so thick! I remember some English friends talking to American friends and having sometimes funny moments about words, or expressions but never to that point of "no comprendo lo que dices"...

No battle of fire next year, marshal will probably be back in season 6 to direct it. On one hand it allows tyrions and the ironborn story to breath. but Danny's arc next year could get really boring. if I had to guess I think Danny's screen time will get cut slightly next year, maybe 6 episodes instead of 8.

Archived