Diplomacy Sign-Ups!

Nox Irradiata

I don't know when we're planning on starting, but just a warning that over the next 2 weeks I can't guarantee that I'll have access to the internet. Save me a place if you can; I'm happy to accept the consequences of starting late (provided my absence doesn't affect the game much if at all).

I don't know when we're planning on starting, but just a warning that over the next 2 weeks I can't guarantee that I'll have access to the internet. Save me a place if you can; I'm happy to accept the consequences of starting late (provided my absence doesn't affect the game much if at all).

Last time I let Corvo or whomever leave a plan of action and it seemed to work out fine.

I will be evil and probably attack you anyways though if given the chance ;D

I'll host. I may need a little help with the map, but I'm sure that I can find someone to help me out.

I figure we need between 15 and 20 players to play the South map properly. Right now, we're at 13, with one of them being absent for the next 2 weeks.

Now, I don't want to lose the interest of the present players, but I propose that we wait for SENP to come back from his vacation. This will give us enough time to recruit a few more players.

Alternatively, if SENP has internet at the place he is vacationing at, we need to just wait until we have 15 or more players.

I'd rather not wait two weeks for fear the game would go into the school year. The last game was ~1 month and didn't finish. There are about 6 weeks of summer left, so the game might creep into the school year a bit, but it would finish closer to the end of summer than it would if we waited.

If you run short, let me know. I'll probably be unreliable as a player with my hectic/crazy summer-life, but I can fill in if you're short a player. School doesn't start here til early September and I'll be in better shape for this then.

Noted miss ;D

I reckon we will have a boatload of players purdy soon once more people get a chance to look at it

I have some questions and am not sure where to ask them, so I'll just go for it:

Is it possible for my lord‘s bastard (yes, he might have been unfaithful once :D ) to be a general? Or is this reserved for people who can inherit?
Also, for every child my lord has from the start I have to add 4 years to his age, but does this apply to other potential heirs (brothers, uncles, nephews, etc.), too?

ETA: I know only knights can knight other people, but what if I crown myself a king? Wouldn't I be able to knight whoever I want?

I have some questions and am not sure where to ask them, so I'll just go for it:

Is it possible for my lord‘s bastard (yes, he might have been unfaithful once :D ) to be a general? Or is this reserved for people who can inherit?

Also, for every child my lord has from the start I have to add 4 years to his age, but does this apply to other potential heirs (brothers, uncles, nephews, etc.), too?

ETA: I know only knights can knight other people, but what if I crown myself a king? Wouldn't I be able to knight whoever I want?

Only if the bastard counts for 4 years towards your lord's age, otherwise they are just filler character. Your bastard will inherit if there are no other candidates

It applies for anyone who can inherit, so yes

Only a knight can make a knight, so no.

If the character is related by blood and can inherit, yes, he/she counts. This includes bastards.

Bastard generals could happen - but if the bastard in question is directly related to the lord. At least that's how it's been so far. I am open to the possibility that a non-blood relation could be a general, too - like a daugher's husband or a mother's brother.

I think any character you create and list as part of your house (whether it's a blood relative or a non-related castellan or something) should count towards your lord's age. Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of freebie playable characters.

I think any character you create and list as part of your house (whether it's a blood relative or a non-related castellan or something) should count towards your lord's age. Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of freebie playable characters.

Exactly

Archived