This is something that has really been bugging me lately so stick with me. I have been reading some threads about Dany and her forgiving the Starks for what happened to her family and whether she should/would. I don't know if it is a common thought but IMO the Starks don't have ANYTHING to be forgiven about. Ned had more reason than anybody to rebel against the Iron Throne and specifically Aerys. Lets look at the reasons.
1. Aerys burned Rickard Stark alive
2. He made Brandon Stark watch and kill himself trying to help his father
3. Rhaegar kidnapped Neds little sister (so they thought at the time)
4. Aerys demanded Jon Arryn to send him Ned (and Robert) to KL
Now lets look at reasons she might have to forgive Ned and the Starks
1. The rape and murder of Elia and her children
This was clearly not Neds doing as he was disgusted and super angry that this happened saying they butchered the children and it even caused a huge rift between Ned and Robert
2. The killing of Aerys.
First of all it was Jaime who stabbed him in the back. Now I don't doubt that Ned would have killed him because he was on his way to KL but like I said he had many reasons to do so but in the end didn't even do it.
3. The attempted murder of her and her child.
Ned was clearly against this and even resigned as hand of the king because of it.
She has reasons to hate the Baratheons and Lannisters but not the Starks. So what do you think. Agree? Disagree?
Edited by lyannaisalive, 14 July 2014 - 03:50 AM.