Game of Thrones prequel season - what would you want?

Brock00

With many openly speculating that GRRM won't be able to finish The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring before the TV series wraps up a possible way to buy him time has been thought of, and that is doing a prequel season (or two..). If they were to do a prequel season what time period/events would you like to see?

If it was one season, only 10 episodes, I think the Greyjoy Rebellion would be perfect. If it was a two season/20 episode endeavour then I would want Robert's Rebellion. Either notion would make me happy about a delay in production as I would salivate at seeing either one play out on screen.

Right now HBO only have the rights to The Song of Ice and Fire novels but they also have a joint agreement that George will not give the rights to make any sort of show or movie within Westeros to another company. When Game of Thrones is done I definitely think HBO will buy the rights to make a prequel series, or a series based on the Dunk & Egg novellas seen as how popular Game of Thrones is.

As I would love to see a series based on Roberts Rebellion I think I would prefer to see a show based on Aegons conquest of Westeros.

With Roberts Rebellion, the show would lose a lot of its fantasy element and fans of the show would know how it all ends.

(Robert wins the Rebellion, He kills Rhaegar, Lyanna dies, Jaime kills the mad King, Neds brother and father are burned etc.)

With a show based on Aegons conquest of Westeros, they could keep much of the fantasy element, and also there's lots of potential for new story lines as we don't know the majority of the characters within that period, all we really know is Aegon gets 3 dragons and conquers Westeros.

Of course in an ideal world though, they would make both of the above shows :drool:

I want Robert's Rebellion to be adapted simply because I want to actually see that scene described in Ned's dream about his arrival at the Tower of Joy (which sadly would be in the last episode of the series).

Might was well end it on the most badass of bangs, eh??

Archived