How do you think Jaime will react after he hears of the Walk of Penance?

SinLann

Feel the exact same way, but I think when Cersei gets back into power, the first thing she does is send some troops against Jaime and Brienne. Brienne will be killed, and Jaime will survive, so any slight pity he may have had for her will vanish.

Jaime's weirwood dream in ASOS basically states that Jaime's life will be linked to Brienne's. When she dies, so must he.

Brienne’s sword took flame as well, burning silvery blue. The darkness retreated a little more.

“The flames will burn so long as you live,” he heard Cersei call. “When they die, so must you.”

Then his sword went dark, and only Brienne’s burned, as the ghosts came rushing in.

-ASOS

Because of this, I don't see Jaime out living Brienne.

Plus, comments GRRM made a couple months ago implied that Brienne wasn't going to die for a long time, if at all.

"She's very idealistic. At least in the beginning. But you know her journey still has a way to go. And my world has a way of testing one's ideals so we'll see by the end."

-GRRM

I think he would have hated the punishment itself and would pity Cersei in his mind for that. But he would never show pity to Cersei. Even though he may be still loves her in his heart, in his mind he actively hates her.

Jamie is on a redemption cercie is gonna drag herself an lannisters down I think Jamie will go north to Jon once he learns what's going on with the WW an Jon's parentage is settled

Agreed, but I think he'll first swear fealty to Aegon in order to spare Tommen's life and make him Lord of Casterly Rock.

I don't think Jaime is going to see Cersei until the LAST time he sees her. He may struggle with his feelings if he hears about what happened to her in one of his POVs if it comes to pass, but I think events will keep him from returning to KL until the end of the series, or until GRRM is ready to kill one or both of them off. I suspect it won't happen until the last book.

I don't see Cersei living past the next book, but the next time they see each other will indeed be the final time they see each other. Something tells me Jaime joins Aegon's invading force, and Varys assures them he can get everyone who matters (Margeary, Tommen, etc) outside of the city before the gates are opened, but Varys couldn't get to Tommen due to being under heavy guard. Jaime realizes that he's the only one who can go in and save him.

Jaime walks into the throne room as Tommen breathes his final breath due to being poisoned by Cersei, and then Jaime proceeds to tell Cersei why he actually killed Aerys. Once she realizes he's here to kill her and that she forfeited Tommen's life, Jaime will kill her.

Jaime's weirwood dream in ASOS basically states that Jaime's life will be linked to Brienne's. When she dies, so must he.

Because of this, I don't see Jaime out living Brienne.

Plus, comments GRRM made a couple months ago implied that Brienne wasn't going to die for a long time, if at all.

"She's very idealistic. At least in the beginning. But you know her journey still has a way to go. And my world has a way of testing one's ideals so we'll see by the end."

-GRRM

Disagree. I think that dream implied very immediate events, as in if he left her there, he'd haunted forever for abandoning her there and really die inside. I don't think it has anything to do with present day events.

Disagree. I think that dream implied very immediate events, as in if he left her there, he'd haunted forever for abandoning her there and really die inside. I don't think it has anything to do with present day events.

Completely disagree. The dream foreshadowed Oathkeeper, the bear pit, Jaime's estrangement with his family, Tywin and Joffrey's death. It foreshadowed Brienne as his protector/the only one fighting on his side.

There is nothing that suggests the dream only foreshadowed immediate events. Some of what the dream has foreshadowed was still unfolding in AFFC/ADWD, and some has not yet come to pass (if it ever does).

Also, Jaime would be haunted for abandoning who? Cersei? That was never foreshadowed in the dream. It shows Jaime and Cersei going their separate ways, and Jaime's life being tied to Brienne.

GRRM went to a lot of trouble to set up that dream, and to explain to the reader why it was a prophetic dream with ties to the Old Gods. Such a dream has a purpose. GRRM did not create an elaborate scene with Brienne being the last one in Jaime's corner. The last light in his life. The light on which his existence depended on, for no reason.

I dont think Jamie will care for cersi afyer he hears nucle kevin was killed, Iirc and I dont have the books im on my phone but jaime thinks about if cersi wpuld kill kevan to keep power, and bc varys killed him to cersi will think it was tyrion and jaome knows tyrion is far away from KL he will be super pissed at cersi for kevans death, if some one cpukd help me with the quote id aplreciate ir or if I find it il edit post later

I dont think Jamie will care for cersi afyer he hears nucle kevin was killed, Iirc and I dont have the books im on my phone but jaime thinks about if cersi wpuld kill kevan to keep power, and bc varys killed him to cersi will think it was tyrion and jaome knows tyrion is far away from KL he will be super pissed at cersi for kevans death, if some one cpukd help me with the quote id aplreciate ir or if I find it il edit post later

"When sons were killing fathers, what was there to stop a niece from ordering an uncle slain? An inconvenient uncle, who knows too much."

-AFFC

• 1 month later...

I think he'll be upset, but he had warned her before she sent him away that she wasn't going about things the right way. I doubt he'll think she deserved this specific punishment. (Though that may be my biases talking too; Cersei deserves punishment for her crimes, but the walk was punishment for daring to be sexually active after her widowhood, not for cheating in marriage which is also treason; this forum is so big on judging Westeros by our morality at other times, so let's acknowledge that karmic or not, the walk is seriously fucked up.) But he'll see it as her decisions leading to disasters, and that's before his personal anger at her is factored in.

It won't sit at all well with him, but he's already decided he won't save her this time, he won't save her from herself, and fighting back against this would be doing so.

I don't think Jamie will be happy about walk of shame but when he hears of kevans death an Robert strong of the kings guard he will be really upset with cercie . The only way I see Jamie returning to kings landing is to save his children .

Archived