Just finished a browser version of cyvasse (Nine-Tile Cyvasse)

Cyvasser

Here it is! There’s an introduction there that will teach you how to play (or you can read the rulebook if you’re hardcore).

This is an implementation of the rules I shared in this thread. I’m calling it “Nine-Tile Cyvasse” now, to avoid confusion with other versions of cyvasse. To recap from the old thread, here’s what’s unique about this version:

• The rules are thoroughly consistent with every passage in the books that features the game. The biggest liberty taken is to assume that “catapult” and “trebuchet” are two names for the same piece.
  • Players arrange the terrain on their side of the board using nine two-sided tiles, whose geometry lets you create choke points and defensible positions, but prevents you from being able to wall off sections of the board.
  • The “engagement” rule elegantly distinguishes ranged pieces from hand-to-hand, and light from heavy (e.g. the light versus heavy horse) in a way that gives it a wargame-like, more realistic feel without getting too complicated.

If you have any feedback - questions, criticisms, impressions - please post it here. If something was confusing or you found a bug, I'd very much like to know so I can clarify/fix it. Thanks!

Also, If you’re looking for someone to play against: the "Play by Raven" mode will let you play via PMs, so go ahead and post your challenge code in this thread.

Seems funny. Let's try it !

@ John Doe: 42448375

Looks like you skipped a step. You need to press 'Cancel Challenge' to go back, then select raven mode again, and then copy/paste your own challenge code (the long one) to the forum before entering John's.

Here it is! There’s an introduction there that will teach you how to play (or you can read the rulebook if you’re hardcore).

This is an implementation of the rules I shared in this thread. I’m calling it “Nine-Tile Cyvasse” now, to avoid confusion with other versions of cyvasse. To recap from the old thread, here’s what’s unique about this version:

snip

I havent got time to get into this right now, but i just wanted to say well done, it looks awesome and looking forward to beating Lady Gwyn later.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)

PSA to those who've posted challenge codes: in order to start a match, you have to pick an opponent, enter their challenge code, and then contact them to exchange confirmation codes. When you enter someone's code they are not automatically notified. You have to contact your opponent yourself.

Archived