Why silver stags?

Equilibrium

Well, it's because when Aegon was a teenager he was forced into a marriage to a stag, at first it was a loveless marriage but then they grew to love each other and Aegon started calling it "my sun and stags". But all good things must come to an end so the Stag got into a fight with a rival and was injured, Aegon insisted on treating it, so he got a slave healer from the stag's "Stagasar", who tried and failed to heal it, so Aegon asked the healer to use magic to heal his "Stag and Stars", but it was blood magic which killed and deformed their baby and turned the Stag catatonic, so Aegon had to smother it to end it's suffering. Then Aegon built him a funeral pyre and went into it with his 3 petrified dragon eggs which hatched and he used to conquer Westeros. He then used stag for the currency to honour the memory of his "sun and stags".

Well, it's because when Aegon was a teenager he was forced into a marriage to a stag, at first it was a loveless marriage and the stag would rape him but then they grew to love each other and Aegon started calling it "my sun and stags". But all good things must come to an end so the Stag got into a fight with a rival and was injured, Aegon insisted on treating it, so he got a slave healer from the stag's "Stagasar", who tried and failed to heal it, so Aegon asked the healer to use magic to heal his "Stag and Stars", but it was blood magic which killed and deformed their baby and turned the Stag catatonic, so Aegon had to smother it to end it's suffering. Then Aegon built him a funeral pyre and went into it with his 3 petrified dragon eggs which hatched and he used to conquer Westeros. He then used stag for the currency to honour the memory of his "sun and stags".

The internet is yours, my king.

Well, it's because when Aegon was a teenager he was forced into a marriage to a stag, at first it was a loveless marriage but then they grew to love each other and Aegon started calling it "my sun and stags". But all good things must come to an end so the Stag got into a fight with a rival and was injured, Aegon insisted on treating it, so he got a slave healer from the stag's "Stagasar", who tried and failed to heal it, so Aegon asked the healer to use magic to heal his "Stag and Stars", but it was blood magic which killed and deformed their baby and turned the Stag catatonic, so Aegon had to smother it to end it's suffering. Then Aegon built him a funeral pyre and went into it with his 3 petrified dragon eggs which hatched and he used to conquer Westeros. He then used stag for the currency to honour the memory of his "sun and stags".

Sun and Stags :bowdown:

Of course the right answer is in the previous post.

But just a question: are we sure that before Robert's reign the currency was already the stag? Couldn't it be a change wanted by Robert to mark discontinuity?

I don"t remember any reference to currency in past times..

just noticed..so TStMtW means truly The Stag that Mounts the world.

Someone should update N00B..

Stags are referenced and used in the Dunk & Egg series. Aegon I introduced the stags as a form of currency after the conquest. Yes, the most likely reason for the choice of the stag was because Orys Baratheon assimilated the arms of Durrandon and became the first Hand of the King.

• 3 months later...

Of course the right answer is in the previous post.

But just a question: are we sure that before Robert's reign the currency was already the stag? Couldn't it be a change wanted by Robert to mark discontinuity?

I don"t remember any reference to currency in past times..

just noticed..so TStMtW means truly The Stag that Mounts the world.

Someone should update N00B..

I think it was mentioned somewhere that Robert wouldn't care enough as to change the whole kingdoms' currency symbol, something along those lines.

Archived