Is Tyrion Really a Dwarf

Lopsang

We know that Tyrion is Yollo and Hugor Hill besides being himself so he is just being another character? He seemed genuine when coming out of Joanna's (Lyanna's?) womb but maybe it's just another mummer's farce. We know that he has heterochromia so maybe that would be too many genetic defects to be true. The likelihood of that dwarfism and heterochromia both occuring is very low so maybe he's not a dwarf. In fact, let me supply textual evidence:

"When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king.” (AGOT)

Clearly, nobody can disguise themselves perfectly, so Tyrion had a little slip-up and grew a good 2 or 3 feet for a moment. Seeing as he is also a secret Targaryen, Targaryens are not known for ever being dwarfs, so how could he be a dwarf Targaryen? For instance, since GRRM studies history, he should obviously know about the physiological differences between dwarfs and humans, and when he says Tyrion could do acrobactics, it obviously FLIES RIGHT IN THE FACE of what a dwarf can actually do. Disregarding any hint of narrative importance whatsoever as to why Tyrion might be a dwarf or the fact that there are factual blemishes in the texxt, the only logical conclusion we can draw is that Tyrion is not a dwarf. Let's be realistic here and compare every aspect of this world to detailed, stringent standards of realism (remember, GRRM studies history as well, so him not knowing things like the physiology of dwarfism would be totally insane). Also, dragons.

But on a serious note, we can do other things on this forum than throw about crazy, inane theories all the time. Why don't we look inward into what we've already read, and glean from the readings whatever we can about modern life, how asoiaf applies to today, themes in the books, irony, literary devices, critiques of certain aspects (characters, places, cultures), etc. We don't always have to be hypothesizing things! We seem to be making all of this left-field stuff to just entertain ourselves and increase the wordcount of the forum. I think we should be more constructive and realistic than we are as of now in our discussions.

I know; I am not being serious. It's kind of funny that us forum-goers are so desensitized to crazy theories that we all think the OP is being serious. I wasn't being serious; I am mocking the "Is Varys Really a Eunuch Thread", but more generally, just crackpot theory-making.

I know; I am not being serious. It's kind of funny that us forum-goers are so desensitized to crazy theories that we all think the OP is being serious. I wasn't being serious; I am mocking the "Is Varys Really a Eunuch Thread", but more generally, just crackpot theory-making.

I don't know, since there are so many subscribers to the "High Sparrow is Howland Reed" theory, I think everything counts.

Tyrion is actualy the dragon that must wake up from stone: he is actualy tall and strong but he does not know it yet because FAegon must be sacrificed and Viserys (Jon) Snow can be revived. After this happens the two brothers (because R+L=J+T+...all Planetos... everyone is a secret Targ... except FAegon) will be reunited and save the world with Dany and all get married and have children and will all live happily ever after because GRRM actualy does not write sad stories.
Now... jokes aside:

Regarding theories: this has gotten out of control, crackpot seems the norm and they just operate on the "I love this character so he/she is AA and will save the world/sit on the IT"-logic and is just based on circumstancial or made up evidence that are called "foreshadowing" (also, not everything has to be foreshadowed). Many so called "theories" are pure crack and sound like fanfiction and many seem to hjust present ASOIAF like a sort of fairytail...

...Also many characters's stories sometimes (it's rare) seem to be distorted in order to demonize or white-wash them... not-saying-names...

Alright, let's talk about what's really important in ASOIAF: Tormund's Member

Archived