Jon Snow - Season 5 - A month to film a scene?

Ser Cold Fingers

I read this in an article today...it references an interview Kit Harington did with The Telegraph.

"The thing I noticed this year is that they threw so much money at it," the hunky 28-year-old British actor, who plays Jon Snow on the hit HBO fantasy drama, told The Telegraph. "I think it's going to be a pretty special season."

Harington pointed out the upcoming fifth season will feature "huge" set pieces. "There's one scene for me which took a month to film. It wasn't even the whole thing, it was one section," the actor explained.

What won't be outdone, however, are the nude scenes. "On scale it's definitely bigger. I don't think we can get more gruesome or more naked, but on scale it's definitely got bigger."

My question is, and I apologize if it was discussed elsewhere (I searched but couldn't find it)...what scene could this be? Or what HBO adaptation of a scene could this be?

• Wildlings going through the wall and being counted?
  • Feeding wildlings at Mole's Town?

I wouldn't think they would film anything else with Giants but I could be wrong.

All the scenes I can think of shouldn't have taken this long or wouldn't be on a large scale.

Any thoughts?

Kit was surely exaggerating a bit there.

I'm going to speculate that it is a scene which has not happened in the books. Maybe Jon goes to Hardhome or wherever the WW/wights battle in E8 is happening and that should take longer to film, I guess?

Kit was surely exaggerating a bit there.

I'm going to speculate that it is a scene which has not happened in the books. Maybe Jon goes to Hardhome or wherever the WW/wights battle in E8 is happening and that should take longer to film, I guess?

It might be an exaggeration but there still must be something to it. Just trying to figure out what it could be.

It will probably turn out to be something unrelated from the books.

There's a few things it could be the first one that comes to mind is ''for the watch'' if the scene is close to how it was in the books than it would take quite a bit of time to film starting off after Jon reads the pink letter and than to Wun Wun killing Ser Patrek (or whoever it may be) with all the commotion around them with everybody attacking, yelling, fleeing and so on to Jon's stabbing.

Another could be hardhome yes but with Jon and co fighting in the battle too? this is defintely one that were going to need to wait for the trailer to get hints for.

Why would Jon go to Hardhome? If someone of main cast is going to go there, it will be Tormund.

Not so much about him going to Hardhome- like he said, he only did a section of it. We could just be seeing him learning about it from Castle Black, and then see it actually happen at Hardhome.

Eh, I don't believe it. At this point, it's difficult to believe that they would have all of that set in stone- I would imagine that they are still editing and moving things around.

Who is where and when were changed last season a lot and Jon went back to Casters for a big fight so this time I suppose Jon leads the trip to Hardhome (where Tormund's people have fled?) - a big smash with wights & white walkers - valerian steel blade in hand. Saves some. Not all and leads them back to the Wall.

Then another big scene would be letting them through, pink letter, rallying for volunteers again & Ides of Marsh.

Either one could be done in a single location and episode.

Archived