Jon Snow - Season 5 - A month to film a scene?

Ser Cold Fingers

Who is where and when were changed last season a lot and Jon went back to Casters for a big fight so this time I suppose Jon leads the trip to Hardhome (where Tormund's people have fled?) - a big smash with wights & white walkers - valerian steel blade in hand. Saves some. Not all and leads them back to the Wall.

Then another big scene would be letting them through, pink letter, rallying for volunteers again & Ides of Marsh.

Either one could be done in a single location and episode.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It could be pretty cool if it plays out like this.

Makes sense Jon would be in only 9 episodes this year. I see him out of episode 9 that episode looks like it will be heavily Kings Landing and Daenerys centric from the spoilers. Also, with episode 8 possibly being Hardhome makes sense they would want to give the Wall a break for the big Dany and Cersei scenes.

If Finn Jones said he threw the script across the room when reading the finale, I'm pretty sure it was his reaction to For The Watch. I agree that the big events of the last three episodes will be:

Episode 8: Hardhome

Episode 9: Daznak's Pit

Episode 10: Walk of Shame and For the Watch

If Finn Jones said he threw the script across the room when reading the finale, I'm pretty sure it was his reaction to For The Watch. I agree that the big events of the last three episodes will be:

Episode 8: Hardhome

Episode 9: Daznak's Pit

Episode 10: Walk of Shame and For the Watch

Do you have a link to that interview with Finn Jones?

After watching the trailer...I think I know what scene took so long to film! The scene in Hardhome (I think its Hardhome).

I can't quite imagine why it would take a whole month to film that, but then again, I have approximately 0% experience with anything to do with filming.

It looks like (from the trailer and HBO's stills that they released) Jon goes to Hardhome (possibly with Tormund as an ambassador) to offer succor to the Wildlings fled there, who are led now by Rattleshirt. A skirmish ensues between RS and the NW, as some the free folk are deciding. The Others/wights come and attack them, at which point they flee and run generally amok, as seen in the trailer. This would explain what looks like both a battle between NW and Wildlings, then what also seems like both NW and Wildlings fleeing in boats.

I can't quite imagine why it would take a whole month to film that, but then again, I have approximately 0% experience with anything to do with filming.

It looks like (from the trailer and HBO's stills that they released) Jon goes to Hardhome (possibly with Tormund as an ambassador) to offer succor to the Wildlings fled there, who are led now by Rattleshirt. A skirmish ensues between RS and the NW, as some the free folk are deciding. The Others/wights come and attack them, at which point they flee and run generally amok, as seen in the trailer. This would explain what looks like both a battle between NW and Wildlings, then what also seems like both NW and Wildlings fleeing in boats.

Action sequences like that tend to take a very long time to film. The choreography is difficult and action beats take time to get right.

Someone (who posted about Crasters keep) last year has stated that the others/wights will attack Hardholme and that Jon will be stabbed there, therefore no pink letter and probably ties in with Jon only feeling the cold at the end of AdWd only this time it won't happen at the wall.

^No, That's not true. The one who posted about the Craster's mission last year did not say that. They did post about the NK appearing at Hardhome but it was a different poster, with no history of reliability (in fact it was THEIR ONLY POST) who said what you said above.

Action sequences like that tend to take a very long time to film. The choreography is difficult and action beats take time to get right.

I'm leaning towards this more so than anything else. I see weather and choreography being the main culprits of the duration.

Either way, I'm excited as hell! Loved the IMAX Experience. Wish they would screen every episode! Ha!

^No, That's not true. The one who posted about the Craster's mission last year did not say that. They did post about the NK appearing at Hardhome but it was a different poster, with no history of reliability (in fact it was THEIR ONLY POST) who said what you said above.

Thanks Konrad in that case my bad, for not double checking and taking it at face value.

Archived