BOOK Spoilers: Doran's big reveal at the end of season 5?

Hagen of Tronje

Has Aegon even been mentioned by name in the show? I can't even think of any mention of him beyond Oberyn's scenes.

He was mentioned once by the unlikely Thoros of Myr, I just checked.

"House Clegane was built upon dead children. I saw them lay Prince Aegon and Princess Rhaenys before the Iron Throne."

―Thoros of Myr

I believe Doran will reveal that Trystane cannot marry Myrcella because he is meant for Dany. Although the reveal will be slightly different than the books I feel like it will still occur in same way. Following the queen maker plot, Trystane will be arrested and imprisoned until Doran comes and reveals his "Fire and Blood" master plan This would be both shocking for the viewer while keeping some of the same stroylines from the novels. This would be good TV drama too because then Trystane's feelings for Myrcella would be tested.

I like this.

I believe you are referring to Andy Greenwald, who's stuff I regularly read. I remember those mentioned confusions, but I actually think he get's many things right. In any case, it's been well known that your typical Unsullied has 70% or more of the details wash right over their heads. That's really never seemed to stop the show from trafficking in those details. My point is that 1) Elia's dead children have been mentioned enough in the show, that for the people that have picked up on those details, (f)Aegon won't be an impenetrable concept. 2) If (f)Aegon is what D&D feel they need to tell their adaptation, than the potential for fan confusion or misunderstanding is hardly gonna stop them from including it. That said, I'm sure they will do all they can to make it clear and approachable in the show, to the degree that is doable.

yeah i really like his stuff for the most part and he is sharp. My point was that it's his job and he still gets confused.

If they're going to put Aegon in the show, I'm sure they'll bring up the story of the kids a number of times this season before the big reveal, just to make sure everyone knows the story. It'll be easy to bring up with Obryn's death and intro to Dorne. But, I don't think they can make Tyrstane Quentyn and Aegon one person. Tyrstane = Quentyn I can believe, that's easy enough considering they upped the age of Myrcella already. Aegon is tough because it would be an odd secret for Doran to keep. Potentially it could work if they had Trystane go to Essos and interact with Tyrion all the same, but it wouldn't make sense to go back and war against Westeros. Only way I see it working is if he goes all the way to Danny, but from what we know of the season so far, that doesn't add up.

Too bad none of these Danny marriages are working out, it was kind of cool in AFFC to see Quentyn, Victarion and technically Euron, then in ADWD Aegon, all going for Danny. Obviously if Danny marries Hiz by mid season or so, Doran saying his plan is for Trystane to marry Danny isn't really as effective.

I think it is quite possible for Doran to reveal his big plant at the end of Season 5 and send Trystane to the East. In Season 6 Trystane can be either Quentyn replacement or he can have a quite different story ark - kind of amalgamation of Quentyn/Aegon or Quentyn/Victarion.

Dany has to piss off the Martells somehow. This seems to be the "point" of Quentyn in the book. My predictions:

1. Trystane falls in love with Myrcella

2. Doran has some talks with Trystane about duty.

3. It is pressented as Trystane having to marry someone else, but someone else minor, a Yronwood or whoever.

4. In episode 9 or 10, Doran reveals his plan to Ellaria, same as in books just w/o Arriane.

5. We cut to Trystane on a boat.

6. We cut to myrcella crying (possibly being shipped back to KL).

7. Next season Trystane somehow acts as Quentyn, with or without Dany's presence.

#7 can be fixed to fit with the end with ADWD by Dany simply dismissing the idea before the pit scene. Then Trystane arrives, is told Dany was all like "hell naw martells r dummies" and he then does what Q does around the middle of S6, end of S6 Dany lands in westeros, S7 we get the martells rejecting Dany and (maybe?) declaring Myrcella queen in line with Ellaria's original plan, and then a 3 way war happens and the martells get pwned by Dany and blah blah blah (book predictions then :) )

Here is why I believe Aegon=Trystane and how it will work on the show.

First they cut Arianne who's primary purpose was to create an alliance between Aegon and Dorne through marriage. Then they aged up Trystane to be 18 on the show. While Myrcella is still 14. Why not make Trystane 14 too? Aegon on the show would have been born about 18 years ago. Then they cast someone who could definitely pass for Aegon he has the look I think. We have also had a lot of golden company mentions. So these are some scenes I am predicting:

Barristan and Dany (This scene is confirmed)

Here we will have a conversation about the mad king where Barristan tells Dany what really happened during the rebellion and why. Here Barristan can remind the audience about the dead children and he can mention Aegon by name.

In another scene with Barristan or Tyrion and Varys we can have a dialogue about the blackfyre rebellion, or not this isnt that necessary.

Jaime and Bronn

I think Jaime will take on the role of the Queenmaker plot, except it will be a plot to rescue myrcella after the sand snakes send a threatening message to Kings Landing. (The snake with Myrcellas necklace from the trailer) Jaime will try to take myrcella and bronn will bite the dust from hotah's axe. Jaime will be imprisoned until a later scene where he talks with Doran.

Varys and the Golden Company

After Volantis we dont know what happens with Varys, and we know Volantis will be in episode 3 or 4. So for 5 episodes Varys will have nothing to do. I think Varys will meet with the golden company where they will have a scene talking about going to war for the true Targaryan heir. This will make the audience think Varys is getting troops for Dany since he told Tyrion he is a dany supporter earlier.

Varys, Doran, and Jaime

We will finally have Doran sit down with Jaime and remind him of his oath as a kingsguard to protect the Targaryans despite what he did to the mad king. We know jaime saw rhaegar as a brother in the books. Doran will reveal Trystane as Aegon and Varys will be the main cast member spotted in Dorne. Jaime will take on the role of Jon Con in exchange for the safety of his children.

Option 2

The cast member spotted in Dorne will be Brienne who comes to get Jaimes help because she found Sansa. Doran will only have the scene with Trystane and Ellaria where he reveals Trystanes identity then we cut to Kingslanding where Varys will kill Kevan telling him he truly serves Aegon/Trystane and that the golden company has taken storms end in his name.

Trystane will not be Aegon... There are reasons for the showrunners to cut the Aegon storyline (too complex, too near of the end of the series), that makes no sense to add it in another place... Plus, that would bring big plot holes :

-Doran would have no children at all,

-Oberyn seeking revenge and dying in King's Landing would make no sense at all (in the books he doesn't know that Aegon could be alive, but with this Trystane/Aegon theory he would be really stupid to seek revenge while he had a potential 18 year-old Targaryen at home ready to rally half the country and strike the Lannisters).

In the series, Doran's plan will be to marry Trystane to Myrcella, or Dany. That's it. That's enough reasons for Dorne to rebel against the Lannisters. I really love the Aegon/Varys/Illyrio plot in the books but that's not going to happen in this season, even in Dorne.

Archived