Was Varys plotting for someone else in the earlier seasons?

Wavey Sauce

Iirc didn't Varys send a message to Jorah about the poisoned wine along with the pardon? Otherwise how did he know the wine was poisoned?

Besides, why would Varys support Viserys if he probably knew he was mad?

Jorah did not know for sure he thought the wine could be. Because shortly before hand he sent the message to the capital about Dany being pregnant. So he assumed king bob would put out a hit which he did, and when he saw a white guy from westeros who offered her a different type of wine (he tried bsing saying he was giving her higher quality wine as a gift) once he knew it was dany, so Jorah assumed and he was right, thats why the guy didnt drink it and tried to escape

Yeah, I think D&D screwed the pooch a bit with that pardon scene. I think it was intended by GRRM to be a warning instead.

They also messed up big time when they had Sam tell Jon Snow that he saw Bran and Rickon.

Cause Jon went to crasters etc..........but as of recent Jon has never brought their names up ever again, no thoughts no words nothing. Would have made more sense if he was kept in the dark because that is how he acts.

Even to Stannis when he was being offered to be a Stark and lord of WF, he never even brought it up that his brothers could be alive so a search could happen

Bearing in mind that Varys didn't intend to flee Kings Landing until he discovered that Tywin had been murdered and the alarm was raised, was he planning on Illyrio relaying all the info on Tyrion that he ended up spilling, whilst he stayed in Kings Landing and did away with Pycelle and Kevan?

I can't see him sneaking into Kings Landing now. If they think Mance dressed as a minstrel won't work, how can Varys get to the council without raising suspicion?

Someone posted a thing on Youtube a while back showing all Vary's scenes. One thing that presented itself, that I didn't notice when watching the various episodes, was that pretty much every time Varys is on screen, he's the one who brings up the dragon situation. He's the one that brings it up. Nobody's thinking about it, or talking about it, or wanting to talk about it and then it's always Varys that brings it up.

That seemed strange.

Jorah did not know for sure he thought the wine could be. Because shortly before hand he sent the message to the capital about Dany being pregnant. So he assumed king bob would put out a hit which he did, and when he saw a white guy from westeros who offered her a different type of wine (he tried bsing saying he was giving her higher quality wine as a gift) once he knew it was dany, so Jorah assumed and he was right, thats why the guy didnt drink it and tried to escape

We have no idea what Jorah did or did not know nor do we have any idea what was in that pardon letter that he received from Varys. All we do know is that he reads the letter, looks up sees Dany with the wine merchant and than immediately walks over there and demands the merchant pour a cup of wine to see if it was poisoned.

If so Varys would have tried to prevent the hit the king put on her and her unborn son. And he also would not have had one of his kid spies sneak Tywins document into Mereen to get Jorah to be banished etc

At the point that the hit was put on Dany, Viserys was still alive, and perhaps Varys and Illyrio thought that killing her (or perhaps even setting her assassination up and then intentionally foiling it) would prompt the Dothraki into aiding Viserys sooner and sailing to Westeros to invade... Which is actually what happened. Drogo was so enraged that he was ready to sail to Westeros, and was on his way when he died.

This would actually fit with Illyrio and Varys's discussion about having to accelerate their plans and delay the war in Westeros.

It would also fit with Varys pushing the agenda of doing something about Dany. Put Robert up to putting out a hit on her, foil the hit (or maybe even allow it to happen while Viserys was alive), and enrage the Dothraki into invading.

Of course, Cersei muddles that all up with her plot that kills Robert.

We have no idea what Jorah did or did not know nor do we have any idea what was in that pardon letter that he received from Varys. All we do know is that he reads the letter, looks up sees Dany with the wine merchant and than immediately walks over there and demands the merchant pour a cup of wine to see if it was poisoned.

It is possible I suppose that the wine was never poisoned and the poison wine was a test of Jorah's loyalty. I have a feeling that's what the explanation will be. Also, am I the only one who gets the vibe that Varys brought Tyrion to that brothel in Volantis so Jorah could kidnap him?

It was a pardon saying he could go home.

Sense he was spying on her and told them she was pregnant he assumed that King Bob would put a hit out which he did. So when he sees the first other white guy in a long time who is selling wine, that once he figures out that it is Dany, the fact that he gets super sketchy and all of a sudden gives her a different wine that is "much much better quality". He didnt have to be a genius to figure it out

It is possible I suppose that the wine was never poisoned and the poison wine was a test of Jorah's loyalty. I have a feeling that's what the explanation will be. Also, am I the only one who gets the vibe that Varys brought Tyrion to that brothel in Volantis so Jorah could kidnap him?

If Varys wanted him kidnapped he wouldnt have took him across the whole world, especially when Tyrion could have just ran off a miillion times.Or decided he didnt want to be apart of it etc.

Jorah just happened to know him and wants to get back on Danys good side. If Varys wanted him kidnapped he wouldnt have had to let him travel all that distance for him to do it, and as I said before on a long trip like that Tyrion could have ran off at any time he wouldnt even let him have that chance if that was his plan

If Varys wanted him kidnapped he wouldnt have took him across the whole world, especially when Tyrion could have just ran off a miillion times.Or decided he didnt want to be apart of it etc.

Jorah just happened to know him and wants to get back on Danys good side. If Varys wanted him kidnapped he wouldnt have had to let him travel all that distance for him to do it, and as I said before on a long trip like that Tyrion could have ran off at any time he wouldnt even let him have that chance if that was his plan

I re-watched the episode. When I first saw it I took Varys' reaction to Tyrion disappearing as an "Ok now time for me to touch base with Jorah before he takes him" type of reaction. Upon re-watching it he is clearly curious as to where Tyrion has gone.

Its really not that hard to put together. he doesnt have to be a mind reader.

He reported back to KL. He knew that there was going to be a hit put on her, he sees a white guy who speaks the westeroi tongue. He sees that once the guy realizes who she is that he goes back to get a different wine, one that "is a special kind, something that a khaleesi deserves, only the best type of wine" and tries to give that to her. And he was right, the guy when asked to drink tried to escape. Jorah didnt have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out

The kid who gave jorah the paper said ":Its a royal pardon, you can go home now"

I wonder what Varys is going to do now Tyrion is with ser Jorah. Did he see ser Jorah and see what happened? Would he go back to

kill Kevan and Pycelle?

No, I think that is something he has planned for more during the end of the season. After he puts his chips in then he will make moves to insure his horse has the best chance in the race

I re-watched the episode. When I first saw it I took Varys' reaction to Tyrion disappearing as an "Ok now time for me to touch base with Jorah before he takes him" type of reaction. Upon re-watching it he is clearly curious as to where Tyrion has gone.

Yep. He was for sure wondering where the hell he was

The one time in his life he turns down a model looking prostitute he gets kidnapped............

Archived