Will Cersei make a comeback?

Yela

Not necessarily:

"This city is cesspit. For half a groat I'd move the court to Lannisport and rule the realm from there"

She can do both, though. Ignite some wildfire as a middle finger to the Tyrells and the city and get the hell out of dodge and head out West.

kings landing seems burnt or at least destroyed in Dany's House of the Undying vision...an empty snow covered kings landing

I don't see Cersei leaving either and I do see her burning King's Landing to the ground at some point during Season 7. I believe Cersei will lose everything in the end and will burn with the rest of King's Landing. I see this as justice for all the loss and pain she has caused everyone else.

If the pyromancers kept making wildfire for her again, as they did before Tyrion took their stock for the battle of the blackwater, she may eventually skulk around the hallways of KL to do what Aerys II never finished. But not until UnGregor makes a debut and Tommen bites the dust (or disappears).

People often say she'll die after her children die, as per prophecy. But there's nothing that indicates that she won't grow 100 years of age first, until her children have all passed away and she dies in a dungeon or in exile (forbidden to ever leave Casterly Rock) where she spent decades after being thrown in by Tyrion or Jaime (thus, being indirectly killed by them).

I like the ideas in this thread, Cersei buring down KL would rock. Most likely after all her kids are dead.

At least when it comes to the books, didn't GRRM say we will see casterly rock later?

I think Jaime will cut her down before it happens, having to repeat that same torment of having to kill someone to safe the city. Except this time, people may know he saved KL and he may finally be pardoned. When Joffrey read through the book of the Kingsguard, he noted how empty Jaime's page was. Perhaps someone who survives Jaime (Brienne?) may add the truth of his actions in that book post-mortem.

I think Jaime will cut her down before it happens, having to repeat that same torment of having to kill someone to safe the city. Except this time, people may know he saved KL and he may finally be pardoned. When Joffrey read through the book of the Kingsguard, he noted how empty Jaime's page was. Perhaps someone who survives Jaime (Brienne?) may add the truth of his actions in that book post-mortem.

Very nice, but at least the Red Keep should burn to make Dany's vision come true.

I can't see Jaime being successful in being able to save king's landing for the 2dn time. sounds too good for him. i think cersei will succeed in burning KL in which Aerys failed, that's why I think her end will be at Casterly Rock not KL--because I also still think Cersei will be killed by Jaime.

Basically I see Cersei paralleling Aerys and Rhaenyra for the remainder of the story

I can't see Jaime being successful in being able to save king's landing for the 2dn time. sounds too good for him. i think cersei will succeed in burning KL in which Aerys failed, that's why I think her end will be at Casterly Rock not KL--because I also still think Cersei will be killed by Jaime.

Basically I see Cersei paralleling Aerys and Rhaenyra for the remainder of the story

Get outta my head. :) :agree:

I wonder if Cersei gets to "win" first? And she gets the power but she refuses it and burns KL to the ground cause her kids are all dead and she's flatout insane at that point. Would be ironic cause she wanted power for so long and now that she's literally the one on top, she forgets all about her dreams cause of her dead children.

Also, Septa Unella, the big&tall lady who grabbed Cersei, is not an extra and she's a real character and will appear in other episodes.

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/10/12/septa-unella-hannah-waddingham-hope-for-missing-characters/

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Jonathan_Pryce1.jpg

So Cersei's line "It's the last thing you'll see before you die." might actually happen.

thats why she would ignite the wildfire though, it would be a sign of strength for her just as much as it would be vengeance. i also think she'll play a role in manipulating the war between faith and tyrells

i just really want to see cersei in casterly rock before she dies, she's the only major character that's been sitting in one setting for 99% of the story

That 1% was when she was at Winterfell right? LOL!

The end of the last book certainly made it seem like Cersei's fortunes were turning up again - she was in quite good spirits after what she went through.

I think Cersei will survive until the end, and I do think she will regain power - only so the prophecy can really come to pass (with Margary being a red herring, the true "younger more beautiful queen" that unseats her will in fact be Dany when she comes to take Kings Landing). I agree with the above - Jamie will be the end of her, not Tyrion. And since prophecies are so flexible, LOL, it may not even be a real death but a metaphoric one - Jamie finally leaving her and finding someone else for the first time in their lives, kililng her last hope that she and he could ride off into the sunset together. If it is a true death, Jamie has slayed one corrupt ruler so another could take the throne - it would be a fitting end for him to have to do it, again - only this time, pay a much higher price for it.

Actually, that makes perfect sense now that I think about it - we know she was ready to end Tommen's (and possibly her own) life during the Battle of Blackwater rather than be captured, and perhaps she does end up wanting to burn the entire city to prevent Dany from taking control, just like the Mad King was about to do to stop Robert, and just what drove Jamie to become Kingslayer. Jamie has spent the entire series so far in the shadow of knowing he did the right thing, and in the bath house scene it seemed as if he ached to prove that it was the right thing. What more fitting way to prove that than to kill his sister for the same reason, therefore demonstrating that indeed he did both deeds to save the city - and this time, he can't be accused of doing it to further his own self-interests, as he would be killing the person he loved most in the world to do it.

Archived