Tinfoil about darkstar and a targ

SmoothSnow

Marriage pact between dorne and viserys in bravos they switched darkstar and visersys during the marriage proposal to keep dany and viserys safe explaining the looks and why darkstar is the most dangerous man in dorne because hes actually viserys. His anger at Auther Dane for not protecting his family? Crack pot but haha would be crazy. Also making the dragon have 3heads and the false if u believe jon danny aegon and viserys all alive.. Sorry about gram in hurry on my phone

Time difference between book1-3 to 4-5 is how many years?

1 or 2 at most. So Gerold Dayne was brainwashed into thinking he was Viserys? He certainly seemed very sure that he was blood of the dragon.

If we are talking crackpot about Darkstar I've always thought that he was Prince Jaehaerys. Instead of dying he was secreted away by the former Princess of Dorne (one of Queen Rhaelle's handmaidens) to protect him from Aerys.  The ages fit, as the weaned on venom line we get from Darkstar. Total crackpot though.

If we are talking crackpot about Darkstar I've always thought that he was Prince Jaehaerys. Instead of dying he was secreted away by the former Princess of Dorne (one of Queen Rhaelle's handmaidens) to protect him from Aerys.  The ages fit, as the weaned on venom line we get from Darkstar. Total crackpot though.

The wiki put the date of birth for Jaeherys at 274 and Darkstar at 270-274. 

Time difference between book1-3 to 4-5 is how many years?

The whole series thus far has covered a whopping 2 years.  That's six months per book, leaving out book 5 because it runs during the same six months as book 4 does.

I loved the Viserys/Darkstar switch theory.  But the other posters are correct about the age problem, which is why that theory died quickly when it was mentioned before.  Too bad, it would have been awesome.

However...

That would be quite cool.  And another layer would be added to "the most dangerous man in Dorne" as well as one more reason to take a swipe at Tywin Lannister's granddaughter and Robert Baratheon's supposed daughter.

Arthur Dayne + Rhaella Targaryen = Gerold Darkstar Dayne 

270 AL . Rhaella's unnamed and unspecified 'stillborn' isn't a stillborn, but it is a child that was carried away soon after birth

The child was in danger, as would R and A  be, from the moment this would be known

Darkstar has Dark Purple eyes like a Targaryen has, Dayne's mostly have Violet eyes

Hair color of Targaryen's and Dayne's match, so it's all less clear

It also would explain Gerold's hatred for the Lannister's 

270 AL . Rhaella's unnamed and unspecified 'stillborn' isn't a stillborn, but it is a child that was carried away soon after birth

The child was in danger, as would R and A  be, from the moment this would be known

Darkstar has Dark Purple eyes like a Targaryen has, Dayne's mostly have Violet eyes

Elio Garcia aka Ran from this site has said on several occasions that Darkstar is no one's bastard.

ahh i had never heard these theories all really good ones to is there a mega thread on any of these i would definatly like to read some. I always get confused on how rhey have birthdays and name days so my ages are always alittle off,. Does pretty much everyone have a birthday and a name day or is that mostly morth and willdings?? I just remember gilly saying dont name her son till hes past 2 its bad luck

ahh i had never heard these theories all really good ones to is there a mega thread on any of these i would definatly like to read some. I always get confused on how rhey have birthdays and name days so my ages are always alittle off,. Does pretty much everyone have a birthday and a name day or is that mostly morth and willdings?? I just remember gilly saying dont name her son till hes past 2 its bad luck

Have you tried http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/109496-a-compendium-of-theories-v2/

This is going to seem like excessive attention to detail, but Targaryen eyes are almost always described as purple with the notable exception of Danny's POV chapters. In her vision in he house of he undying she describes Rhaegar's eyes as indigo, she describes her eyes as violet and Viserys' eyes as lilac (or it is the other way around.) Euron who has never met her, calls Danny's eyes amethyst. The point being hat the distinction of the shades of purple are a function of POV, not the actual eye color.

Elio Garcia aka Ran from this site has said on several occasions that Darkstar is no one's bastard.

Which is one of the reasons why I think he's Oberyn's son from a hushed-up marriage to a lady of House Dayne of High Hermitage.

The widow's peak and streak of midnight black hair rather stand out.

Why everyone must be a secret Targaryen, why is it so important to be part of an exiled house? You may even take the fantasy racism that every Valyrian is better than everyone else, still doesn't make sense.

Not everyone is thought to be a secret Targaryen.  But those who have silver hair generally are suspected.

It would be important because dragons. Duh.

Which is one of the reasons why I think he's Oberyn's son from a hushed-up marriage to a lady of House Dayne of High Hermitage.

The widow's peak and streak of midnight black hair rather stand out.

Its plausible. We know Starfall was on the marriage trip that Oberyn and Elia. Also it seems Oberyn was having fun with whores in Oldtown during the same trip (Obara).  After with the failure with the Lannisters and the obviously pregnant Lady Dayne I can see the Princess of Dorne agreeing to the match.

What happened to the Lady Dayne? We know that Oberyn gets exiled two years later and starts F&F around Essos after spending some time at the Citadel.

Its plausible. We know Starfall was on the marriage trip that Oberyn and Elia. Also it seems Oberyn was having fun with whores in Oldtown during the same trip (Obara).  After with the failure with the Lannisters and the obviously pregnant Lady Dayne I can see the Princess of Dorne agreeing to the match.

What happened to the Lady Dayne? We know that Oberyn gets exiled two years later and starts F&F around Essos after spending some time at the Citadel.

I'm guessing she died, or she's living comfortably at High Hermitage and refusing to tell anyone who her secret husband is.  

Actually if Oberyn married her in secret and she got pregnant right away, his mother probably couldn't have done anything other than agree not to challenge it.  So her consent wouldn't have been needed.  Even Aegon V didn't try to annul Jaehaerys and Shaera's secret marriage because it had been consummated, and if anyone could get that ruling it would have been the king of Westeros.

This would also explain why he's been with Ellaria for so many years, had four children with her, and obviously loves her deeply but has never married her. At some point Doran would have pointed out that a powerful marriage alliance might help their anti-Lannister plans...unless Oberyn was already married.

It is not like only Targaryens can ride dragons.

You and I know that, but the characters in the story don't.  Anyone who successfully rides a dragon will be considered *by the other characters* to have Targ blood.  

I'm guessing she died, or she's living comfortably at High Hermitage and refusing to tell anyone who her secret husband is.  

Actually if Oberyn married her in secret and she got pregnant right away, his mother probably couldn't have done anything other than agree not to challenge it.  So her consent wouldn't have been needed.  Even Aegon V didn't try to annul Jaehaerys and Shaera's secret marriage because it had been consummated, and if anyone could get that ruling it would have been the king of Westeros.

This would also explain why he's been with Ellaria for so many years, had four children with her, and obviously loves her deeply but has never married her. At some point Doran would have pointed out that a powerful marriage alliance might help their anti-Lannister plans...unless Oberyn was already married.

You and I know that, but the characters in the story don't.  Anyone who successfully rides a dragon will be considered *by the other characters* to have Targ blood.  

That would only make sense if the characters in universe had a discussion. The readers run the "x is a secret Targaryen" simply by the fact they believe Targaryen, yes Targaryen not any Valyrian, means instant genetic superiority.

Archived