A Possible Ice Dragon?

Dornish Rosé

Hi, I'm new here and very new to aSoIaF. I've only watched the series and in the process of reading the books.

Anywho, I have read many theories of a possible Ice Dragon maybe popping up into the series, but usually they include either being frozen or within the Wall or the existence of a fourth egg somewhere in the north. I had a random thought of another possibility of an Ice Dragon being introduced into the series and I haven't read up this theory anywhere else and so I came here to ask.

Is it possible that maybe either Rhaegal or Viserion can turn into an Ice Dragon?

How would this happen could be that either one of them would fly off to the North and get captured by the White Walkers. Surely, if the White Walkers have dead horses and spiders as big as hounds, they could use their magic to turn a dragon into an ice dragon? Blue eyes and all.

Forgive me, I haven't read the books so I cannot provide scriptures to support this theory, it was really just a random thought I came up with and I just wanted to ask for an opinion on this possibility.

I like this theory a lot more than other theories that just have an ice dragon randomly popping out from under Winterfell or frozen within the Wall near the end of the series. I think that would be a little cheap IMO since ice dragons have not been hinted at anywhere in the series. They are mentioned in the World book and there's a GRRM book called the Ice Dragon (there's disagreement about whether this book took in the same world), but other than that they haven't been mentioned in any significant way. So I like your theory a lot better that one of Dany's dragons could be turned into any ice dragon by the Others. That's an interesting concept.

I really enjoy the idea of there being an actual ice dragon.  But I find it pretty unlikely. 

Dragons are fire's champions. 

Ice all ready has Ice / Frost Humanoids, Undead Army, Giant Ice Spiders, and "The Cold" which is most likley what causes the dead to rise.

Dragons are fire made flesh. I do not think it likely that they are wight material. 

Though anything is possible I suppose. 

I don't understand why people take "fire made flesh" in literal way. There are talks of sea dragons and ice dragons way before the Targaryens came to Westeros. Try looking at the Valyrian dragons not as just dragons, but as "fire dragons". 

Hi, I'm new here and very new to aSoIaF. I've only watched the series and in the process of reading the books.

Anywho, I have read many theories of a possible Ice Dragon maybe popping up into the series, but usually they include either being frozen or within the Wall or the existence of a fourth egg somewhere in the north. I had a random thought of another possibility of an Ice Dragon being introduced into the series and I haven't read up this theory anywhere else and so I came here to ask.

Is it possible that maybe either Rhaegal or Viserion can turn into an Ice Dragon?

How would this happen could be that either one of them would fly off to the North and get captured by the White Walkers. Surely, if the White Walkers have dead horses and spiders as big as hounds, they could use their magic to turn a dragon into an ice dragon? Blue eyes and all.

Forgive me, I haven't read the books so I cannot provide scriptures to support this theory, it was really just a random thought I came up with and I just wanted to ask for an opinion on this possibility.

The Ice dragon is a metaphor for Jon Snow, who's father was the last dragon and his mother was a daughter of winter. As stated above, the only literal dragons we see are fire made of flesh. Targs are referred to metaphorically as dragons. The starks were the kings of winter. Winter=Ice, Jon Snow as the child of Lyanna and Rhaegar is the Ice dragon and he is literally the song of ice and fire  

Archived