Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Hey Eddard, why is it that you support pressuring people -

Make as sincere a case as you can for Day 1 and vote. Pressure leads to reaction and analysis. It isn't just about today and who gets lynched. It's about a the long game. Get there and play.

But then you spend a large part of the day just talking about voting people for default reasons like "not helpful even if innocent" and "being a low poster" -

I'm fine with switching to Dany if for no other reason than she's unhelpful. Ditto for Ros. How does not voting help?

True on all counts. My general feeling is that D1 is a crap shoot at best, thus random.org regardless of other's opinions. Some players feel that too much effort on D1 is a waste of time anyway. I do tend to get tunnel-visioned, but at this early stage there is usually so little to go on that you just hang your case on what you can. I'll have a bit of time to review the cases but at this point if not Sansa then we might as well lynch a low poster.

Other than Sansa, the only players I am really concerned about now are the low posters: Renly and Jaime. We're entering crunch time and all have less than 5 posts. Passive innos are a hinderance to their own team at best and are helpful to the FM at worst.

And then in another contradiction, at the start of day 2 you say -

As I said, I'm giving Jaime the benefit of the doubt for now. Plus he's posted so little there isn't much to look at.

So Eddard, are you concerned about Jaime or not?

Also who are your top suspects right now?

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Lord Varys (Cersei Lannister, Petyr Baelish)

1 vote for Jaime Lannister (Jorah Mormont)

9 players have not voted: Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

Well, I read Varys and I found what may be potential symp clues to Tyrion.

There is this post saying that he knows small man may have a big secret. Standing alone it just fits in with his "RP"

There are two posts in response to Tyrion where he refers to "two knowledges" and "two-faced answer"

Here he praises Tyrion's case on Dany as the only convincing one.

Here he again praises Tyrion's case on Dany and characterizes it as one that a FM would be on if they wanted to glide thru Day 1. He also names Petyr in this as well.

But in his next post he suddenly declares Tyrion's argument "silly"

Curiously in his next post he puts Tyrion and Petyr together as Tier 2 suspicious below only me and Jorah. The only prior mention being that their case on Dany was not misrepresenting her and they were playing laid back?

Finally he votes Ros. This is also the first indication he's given that he wouldn't be on at the end of day - with less than 1 hour to go. At the time when Tyrion is first mentioned as a lynch candidate and before Jaime can begin discussion on the Imp. This guarantees Ros' fate and leaves his boy Tyrion (and Petyr?) off the lynch train for Day 2 analysis.

I'd rather vote master than symp: Tyrion Lannister

Ros sounded like a veteran to Eddard? Not sure how he got that. Seems like he's stretching to find "original" reasons to vote Ros. Don't like it.

I'm talking about what she said. I'm not alt-guessing her. She posted in more than one post theories about how FM would react to berzerker and then posted about how a FM may try to hide with a high post count - yes, these led me to beleive that she had in fact played the game of mafia before. I found this to be in contrast with her attitude about not voting at all on Day 1.

Can,t quote, reading from phone. Anyone suggesting Dany was ,,cleared,, by arya,s death is a fool. Or anyone else for that matter, arya had a fair number of suspicions, but we could also wine in front of me it to death. I,m just as likely to believe sansa murdered her symp to clear herself as any other theory at this point.

That doesn,t mean we can,t learn anything, just that we shouldn,t jump to any conclusions right off the bat,

Can,t quote, reading from phone. Anyone suggesting Dany was ,,cleared,, by arya,s death is a fool. Or anyone else for that matter, arya had a fair number of suspicions, but we could also wine in front of me it to death. I,m just as likely to believe sansa murdered her symp to clear herself as any other theory at this point.

That doesn,t mean we can,t learn anything, just that we shouldn,t jump to any conclusions right off the bat,

I don't think anyone's suggesting that Dany's cleared. I do think Sansa has been PI'd though.

It'd take a very stupid FM to kill someone that could be a symp, especially in a game where there might be promotable symps.

Hey Eddard, why is it that you support pressuring people -

But then you spend a large part of the day just talking about voting people for default reasons like "not helpful even if innocent" and "being a low poster" -

And then in another contradiction, at the start of day 2 you say -

So Eddard, are you concerned about Jaime or not?

Also who are your top suspects right now?

Hey Cersei, I get that you suspect me, but at least try to honest about it. The posts where I am encouraging Ros to vote and particpate are just that. The posts where I've repeatedly said that D1 cases are shit so the only way to pressure people is to vote and see how people react. I've already stated my opinion of Jaime, which is that I'm not judging him completely on the hammer vote and now that we're beginnning analyzing, he doesn't have alot to look at as others on the lynch train. Also, I already posted that I was going to be looking at Varys, Drogo and Syrio. I tend to make suspicions on people after looking at what's available and trying to make decisions, instead of some people's perferred methods. :)

So first Drogo says that he thinks Ros looks innocent.

Ros - Seems more like an innocent to me.

But then 1 hour and 21 minutes later, he has Ros in his top tier -

Yeah, so, turns out I am suspicious of everyone. Oh, sweet paranoia, how I love thee. But I've made an effort to make tiers:

Want to lynch: Baelish, Ros, Sansa, Eddard, Tyrion, Arya

Will lynch: everyone not named

Won't lynch: Dany, Syrio, Jaime

And by won't lynch, I mean I will lynch for a CF result. For the record, I do think there's an FM on Dany's lynchtrain irregardless of whether she's innocent or not, so that entire list of people gets the stink eye from me.

Then he votes Ros -

Considering you're a Stark, I can see where you're coming from. But seriously, I'd rather lynch a whore than the Moon of my life. Ros.

When somebody asks for the case on Ros, he (partially) responds by citing a post made by Arya -

My reason? Because I don't want to see you lynched for the most ridiculous of reasons. Otherwise, Arya's post highlights the bulk of it. (There might be a better post that's a legit case, but I'm rereading Arya, so that link's on hand.)

Yet that post by Arya came more than 2 hours before Drogo made his original post stating that Ros looked innocent. If that was a good reason to lynch Ros, then why did Drogo call Ros "more like an innocent" after Arya's post was made?

Drogo - why did you change from calling Ros innocent to having her in your top tier, less than an hour and a half later?

My apologies drogo, i thought you meant ,dany cleared, meant that you felt that she,d been cleared by not appearing suspicious anymore to arya who was then nk, instead of how i now interpret, you summarizing arya clearing dany personally.

And i agree that sansa murdering a suspected symp is stupid behavior. I meant it more as hyoerbole

Drogo - why did you change from calling Ros innocent to having her in your top tier, less than an hour and a half later?

Because I had just gotten back home, and all I'd done was skim the thread really fast on my phone during my busride. I honestly didn't really recall what Ros had done to be suspicious. Then I settled down and read the thread for real.

Because I had just gotten back home, and all I'd done was skim the thread really fast on my phone during my busride. I honestly didn't really recall what Ros had done to be suspicious. Then I settled down and read the thread for real.

Well that's not a good explanation at all.

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Lord Varys (Cersei Lannister, Petyr Baelish)

2 votes for Tyrion Lannister (Eddard Stark, Khal Drogo)

1 vote for Jaime Lannister (Jorah Mormont)

7 players have not voted: Daenerys Targaryen, Jaime Lannister, Lord Varys, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

Quick post before bed:

I don't think anyone's suggesting that Dany's cleared. I do think Sansa has been PI'd though.

It'd take a very stupid FM to kill someone that could be a symp, especially in a game where there might be promotable symps.

I don't follow this logic. Arya was the first one to call Sansa out about her vote removal. I don't recall if Arya actually voted Sansa, but Arya consistently listed Sansa as a top suspect until Sansa returned and posted her defense. If Sansa is evil, I don't think she would see Arya as a likely symp candidate, despite Arya's eventual trust of her.

Cersei makes some good points on Varys. While his RP was entertaining yesterday, I for one had a great deal of trouble trying to figure out what he was actually thinking.

I'm hoping I'll have time to do some rereading tomorrow as there are way to many people who are blank spots for me. For now I'll leave my vote on Jorah, as I am not satisfied with his explanation for why he trusted Renly. Btw, Jorah, do you still trust Renly now that he has posted more?

Arya was the first one to call Sansa out about her vote removal. I don't recall if Arya actually voted Sansa, but Arya consistently listed Sansa as a top suspect until Sansa returned and posted her defense. If Sansa is evil, I don't think she would see Arya as a likely symp candidate, despite Arya's eventual trust of her.

I wouldn't completely rule her out as a symp for Sansa based on that evidence. I know as a symp, an opening vote on your FM is a great signal, particularly since the symp is still going to end up being confirmed as an innocent if lynched, so if the symp is NK or CF'ed innocent, an initially suspicious but won over "innocent" can end up being a strong sign of innocence for a killer.

Personally, I'm still thinking the Dany, Varys, Sansa weirdness from yesterday wasn't answered to my satisfaction. But I am very much willing to accept that my entire idea is made of crackpot and stupid.

Cersei post a LOT. Makes good points, but also a lot of quoting. Reading her is already a chore.

Dany has a ridiculous amount of posts too. A large chunk are self defense and responses to questions so I won't hold it against her. Something still feels off here, but I feel better about her than Varys.

Varys is inconsistent and confusing. Despite Ed's case regarding Varys symping Tyrion, I think guilty Varys is more plausible. Loved the RP, but I agree with Syrio that it was distracting. It went on far too long.

I like Renly so far. Concise. Makes solid points, but doesn't clog thread with dozens of mile long multiquotes. He makes sense to me.

Sansa needs to be less gun shy, but I like her.

Contrary to popular opinion, I liked Tyrion's comparison or Dany's early day 1 play to unJon's play last game. His comment made sense to me at that point because the thought had briefly crossed my mind too. Tyrion, your last post you said you'd have a lot of questions to ask a lot of players if Ros was innocent. We'd love to hear them.

edit - half completed sentence

Tyrion, your last post you said you'd have a lot of questions to ask a lot of players if Ros was innocent. We'd love to hear them.

Cersei did this work for me in my absence. Excellent work.

Varis, Eddard and Khal are exactly the players I wanted to be interrogated. And Arya, but he is dead now. Perhaps, Syrio too, but I didn't reread anything yet.

I agree that Jayme's hammer was true accidental, but an evil might mistake as well as innocent.

And... does anybody understand why Masonity's identity was revealed but Ros' wasn't?

Archived