Scifi & Fantasy books getting the "Game of Thrones treatment"

BlackCompanyGuy

I would agree that Bernard Cornwell's Arthur Trilogy would make great films or a tv show. And I would just die if Bakker's books ever made it to the big screen, but I know they never will. "The White Luck Warrior" would be so epic. "The Lies of Locke Lamora" would make a great movie, as well.

Yeah I think they might have trouble with some of the content in Bakker's books. Just a tad.

I want the Malazan books adapted in the form of an anime series.

You... read my mind exactly!! Never has a fantasy been so ripe for an anime as Malazan.

Wheel of Time would be an interesting series to adapt for TV, but the costuming better win an Emmy. Otherwise it's not worth it :P

Lies of Locke Lamora would be an insanely fun movie. Who would be Locke? Hmm. Maybe that Loki guy ;)

You... read my mind exactly!! Never has a fantasy been so ripe for an anime as Malazan.

Wheel of Time would be an interesting series to adapt for TV, but the costuming better win an Emmy. Otherwise it's not worth it :P

Lies of Locke Lamora would be an insanely fun movie. Who would be Locke? Hmm. Maybe that Loki guy ;)

Lies was optioned for a movie already, wasn't it?

Wheel of Time movies have been in development hell forever. Although I think there was some tiny progress on that a while back. Something about them hiring someone to shrink it down to 7 movies?

Lies was optioned for a movie already, wasn't it?

Wheel of Time movies have been in development hell forever. Although I think there was some tiny progress on that a while back. Something about them hiring someone to shrink it down to 7 movies?

I can't imagine WoT working as a film, really. Most fantasy, if any, is made for tv.

i doubt that hollywood will jump on fantasy genre because success of LOTR or game of thrones because if you look at the fantasy genre most of them are influenced by medieval european society with little or heavy dose of magic.it will just become costume show, hollywood did that back in 60's and 70's.god, most of them were awful.

I dont think WoT or many of the more popular ( and usually extremely long ) fantasy series would work in movie form either. Alot of them would probably end up being too expensive for a television series too.

I dont think WoT or many of the more popular ( and usually extremely long ) fantasy series would work in movie form either. Alot of them would probably end up being too expensive for a television series too.

Doesn't stop them from trying. :(

I'd love to see Joe Abercrombie's books given the HBO treatment. I think seeing the bloody nine on screen bezerking would be made of pure WIN B)

The lies of Locke Lamore has been a film in development for about as long as the book has been out, it's delay may be linked to Scott's ongoing illness?

The lies of Locke Lamore has been a film in development for about as long as the book has been out, it's delay may be linked to Scott's ongoing illness?

Was there actually a film in development? All that really happened was the rights were snapped up. I don't think it's ever got any further than that.

Surely its time for

to be expanded into a full serial?

I don't know what was worse, the attack on my eyes or the attack on my ears from that thing That guy looked like the missing NELSON triplet..

I'd probably have said the same thing about A Song of Ice and Fire a few years ago, I think it's probably a more difficult adaptation to make than a lot of other Epic Fantasies, although some others such as Malazan would be harder.

It's very possible that Scott doesn't have much influence on any film being made. GRRM having so much input on the TV series is relatively unusual, possibly due to his background in TV production.

I'm not sure what percentage of film options ever make it to the screen, maybe about 1% or even less, so it's not really surprising that the film didn't end up being made.

I'd probably have said the same thing about A Song of Ice and Fire a few years ago, I think it's probably a more difficult adaptation to make than a lot of other Epic Fantasies, although some others such as Malazan would be harder.

It's very possible that Scott doesn't have much influence on any film being made. GRRM having so much input on the TV series is relatively unusual, possibly due to his background in TV production.

I'm not sure what percentage of film options ever make it to the screen, maybe about 1% or even less, so it's not really surprising that the film didn't end up being made.

As far as I know, it's only been optioned, which means some studio gave Scott some money and said we might make this in the next 1000 years maybe kinda. So, no script or any pre-development at all.

I'm not sure, but I think GRRM got several different offers, some with a bigger budget, but he took the HBO one because they offered him some control plus he knew a lot of the people involved.

I went on IMDB when I finished reading The Lies of Locke Lamora and saw 'in development'. Shame if it's just hanging around it would make a cracking film/TV series... they should pull there bloody fingers out. :tantrum:

I went on IMDB when I finished reading The Lies of Locke Lamora and saw 'in development'. Shame if it's just hanging around it would make a cracking film/TV series... they should pull there bloody fingers out. :tantrum:

IMDB is about as reliable as a homeless person on crack.

Imagine Prince Of Nothing as TV series, or film series. It would never work, but by God, the controversy would be ungodly.

I got to admit though, part of me has always wanted to see the Circumfixion on the big screen.

Yes! Imagine hole hour devoted to two characters talking meaning of life or life meaning of...things, and that's is season finale! :)

Archived