[ADwD Spoilers]Daario Noharis

fuelpagan

in high school it worked everytime i presented a girl with the decapitated heads of my friends.

I´ve heard that men value gifts from their loved one mosly because of the enjoyment they can get from the gift itself, while women value giftis mostly because of the effort their partner is willing to do and the trouble he is willing to take...

So the heads of your friends could work as a gift for your girlfriend, if she hated them; killing your own friends means doing a huge sacrifice. :lol:

• 2 years later...

I think it's his behavior that makes him attractive to a hormone ravaged teenager :)...and his blue hair might make him more attractive to someone who grew up in the free cities...but of course ,it could be a disguise . If so, there are just so many possibilities as to what or who the disguise is hiding.

It certainly appears deliberate with the eye color and vague age reference. All we know for sure is his skin is smooth which is a youthful trait. For Daario to be introduced as early as he was with curious eye coloring...it's someone big. You don't keep something like this hidden just to say...surprise, he's really John Doe whom you've never heard of before.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone touched on this in previous posts (I stopped after about page 6 when the jokes and mockery just kept being repeated) but as far as I know the Free Cities are former Valyrian colonies. So to my mind when characters crop up with either silver hair or purple/violet eyes, I don't think "Secret Targaryen" or "Blackfyre" but rather "person displaying traits of the Valyrian people." Just something to think about. Daario could indeed have silver hair and violet eyes and be just another ordinary Tyroshi sellsword.

• 1 month later...

So let me get this straight:

You're saying that the Blackfyres (via Varys and Illyrio) take Real Aegon away from KL, switching him with some common-born whelp (Dead Aegon).

Then once they have the Real Aegon in hand, they switch him AGAIN, with some Blackfyre descendant (Fake Aegon) and send Real Aegon presumably to Tyrosh where he grows up to be Daario.

It doesn't make sense. If they had the REAL Aegon in hand, why get rid of him? They could still restore power to Blackfyres via a REAL Aegon through supporting him.

Now, I'm not saying that Young Griff is not a Blackfyre, in fact I think that theory as expressed elsewhere on the boards is feasible.

There are only 2 realistic options for Aegon--

1. He died at KL and Young Griff is a Fake (Blackfyre or Otherwise)

2. He was spirited away from KL and really is Young Griff

I don't find it reasonable for the real Aegon to be spirited away, only to be shunted off somewhere and replaced with a Blackfyre. If they really wanted a Blackfyre to pretend to be Aegon, why spirit the real Aegon away in the first place? Just let him die in KL and then lie to everyone later, say that you saved him, and present your Blackfyre pretender.

Who says Illyrio and Varys are such good buddies though? It's been suggested the similarities between the Blackfyre appearance and Illyrios wife. Varys stealilng away young Aegon is more an act of a Targaryen loyalist then a Blackfyre. Now presuming Illyrio's wife is a Blackfyre, and Varys doesn't know it Illyrio could very well have been playing Varys.

Varys is being clever and hears rumors from his little birds that Tywin will turn on Aerys. Knowing this doesn't necessarily mean he will tell Aerys, considering the Mad King has a stash of wildfire hidden around and a deathwish that would serve noone. Instead he makes the swap to make sure Rhaegars line will continue, and brings babe Aegon to Illyrio. But Varys has to return to KL, or people would get suspicious. Once Varys is out of the way Illyrio sends off young Aegon as his own son to be fostered by someone else mayhaps? Or sells him to the Dothraki or any such thing Illyrio would do for a good lump of cash, and in his place he puts forward his own son for Varys on his return and claims him to be Aegon.

Being a baby, it would be much harder for Varys to be able to tell the difference and the second swap works. The Blackfyres and the Golden Company are now on route for putting a "son of Daemon", or atleast a Blackfyre on the throne.

It's just as likely as the theory that Aegon is a Blackfyre or that Varys swapped the babies at birth, because it's pretty much just the two theories put together... The only difference is that Illyrio is playing Varys, which doesn't strike me as unlikely either. The likeness of Daario and fAegon in appearance isn't big enough to necessarily draw conclusions, but it's not small enough to ignore either.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived